Monday, April 25, 2011

Granny’s Coleslaw

DSCF3081

I got this recipe from Sandy last year sometime.  I’m so glad I took her advice and tried it because it is a favorite of mine now.  I believe I have told you about this before, but it’s worth another mention.  Even if you don’t usually like coleslaw, you’ve got to try this recipe.  Here we go…

DSCF3082

Granny’s Coleslaw

1 package of shredded cabbage mix

2 Apples, peeled & chopped

1 pkg Dried Cranberries (I like the cherry flavor)

Dump your cabbage mix into a big bowl.  Add the dried cranberries and apples and toss.

In a small bowl, mix together:

2 Tbsp sour cream

1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise

1/4 tsp celery seed

1/4 cup sugar

Pinch of salt

Dash or two of cider vinegar

Pour over slaw and mix well.  Cover and refrigerate a few hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.

DSCF3083

DSCF3085

This is a great make-ahead dish that goes with a lot of meals.  I usually eat it all alone for lunch.  YUM.

DSCF3087

Thanks again for the recipe, Sandy!

 

12 comments:

  1. mmm that looks lovely- I like seeds sprinkled over the version I make- going to try apple in it though, sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome... this is one of my all-time favorite recipes from my Mom. I am going to send her a link to your blog so she can see your post, she will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, that looks good, I want some right now, I'm starving and all I brought to eat today is a crappy ham sandwich! I can make this since it doesn't require an oven. May try it this weekend. Thanks Sandy and Pammy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, I make something just like this. So, is this what the kids were fighting over, no wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious but I can hear my redneck husband now.. "What the hell is this? I ain't never seen slaw with apples or cranberries!" So, don't eat it! I think I will make this for myself. Thnks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe.. making me want some cole slaw! We're at the beach tho, no cooking. :-)

    Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Pam....I know I would love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds yummy. This is how I make coleslaw. Open the bag of pre-made slaw, dump it in the bowl, pour the pre-made dressing on it! I think I'll try your version!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good but I'm not crazy about apples and cranberries in my slaw. :o) I see Eli is standing guard watch over dropsies. lol. That's Leo's usual stance when Mom's in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great (yummy) recipe. Hope you are having a good week so far. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep! Definitely trying it! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok Made this today...yum! I did not have celery seed. Used dill and added gorgazola crumbles to it. It is soooo good! Thanks for the recipie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥