Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dang It!

DSCF2991

DSCF2992

DSCF2993

I was so excited when I finished the last square and started sewing the squares together.  It took me almost two hours.  When I’d finished, I realized I couldn’t do it.  I can’t start putting the edging on yet.  I need to make another row for the width to be right even though I plan on putting a pretty wide border on it.  No sense in rushing and cutting corners when I’ve spent so many hours on it already.  Do it right, Pammy Sue.  You’ll be glad you did.

So I ate some supper and stared at it.  Then I rinsed my dishes and moped back to my crochet place on the couch, picked up my hook and yarn and started crocheting five more middles.  I have the five middle circles done.  Now I’ll add the white and then the colors to make them squares.  I’m thinking that’s going to take at least a couple of days seeing as I have to work tomorrow during the day, and I can’t crochet more than a couple of hours at a time because I’m older than dirt of my arm.

She’s going to be a beauty though and well worth the time and the wait.  The next time y’all see her, she’ll be done.  I’m already dreaming and scheming and planning the border. 

21 comments:

  1. Very pretty Pammy Sue. Can't wait to see it in all it's glory. Take care of your arm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely beautiful! I was admiring the squares and thinking of doing a me ghan in the near future.... this pattern might have to be it! Can't wait to see the grand finale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In your photo, those colors look muted. If they really are, I am loving this one even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty. The circle in the middle stands out and gives something special to the squares.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so beautiful! It's always best to have a break and then continue for a better finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you Pammy it looks lovely :)) Can't wait to see what border you crochet ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's one beautiful afghan! Well worth the extra row.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely blanket. I cna't wait to see it!

    Hope your arm is feeling better. :)

    Did I tell you lately just how cute your sweet little doggies are. I just love looking at their photos!

    Wishing you a day filled with much joy and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam, it was SOOO thoughtful of you to make this lovely blanket for ME. TeeHee. It's truly lovely -- the colors are just to perfect. I can't wait to see it finished. Hurry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loooove the colors!!! Really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my garshk! Gorgeousness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is without a doubt one of the
    nicest crochet items for 2011 that I've seen around.

    Remember your doctors advice..be careful with your arm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the beautiful spring-like colors. Might have to be a copy-cat! Thanks for your blog. I look forward to it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, it's so pretty Miss Older Than Dirt. You crack me up! Yeah, take the time and make it so you'll love it when it's finished. Really, really think it's so pretty Pam. Work gets in the way of everything fun, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks very beautiful already Pammy Sue.
    I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your afghan is going to be stunning I love the colors you used. Is that caron soft yarn your using I love how even stitched it looks, then you always do good work anyway. Take care friend be well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is THE one. Your piece de resistance. You were definitely inspired here. I so love this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank goodness, you wise one. I do love when you leave great post like this up for more than one day.

    Mom's out of surgery, still pending post op news. no sleep last night. another month down here for scott's deal to get cleared. Talk about backwoods. Amazing when you are from a city like us.

    Sorry, I've been soooooo relaxed poolside on this trip. Don't want to miss one part of being outside after the long winter.

    This is probably one of my favs. Remind me when I get home about this pattern. I think I'm done for this trip. However, it did buy a pillow form to make one for Margaret to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How beautiful Pammy Sue! I love the colors together.

    I'm trying to catch up but it'll probably take me a while. I missed my bloggy land friends!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful afghan - I just love the design/pattern and the colors as well... Maybe one day I dare to make a granny afghan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥