Saturday, April 23, 2011

Coffee & Crochet

That’s what’s on my menu this morning…

DSCF3062

One of my favorite things to do is refill my coffee canister when it needs it, which is at least once a week.  It means I get to stuff my face into the coffee sack when I open it and take a big ’ol whiff.  Do you do that?  I do it every single time.  There’s hardly anything better-smelling than fresh coffee grounds, except maybe the smell of yeasty bread baking in the oven wafting through the house.  YUM.

I thought I’d give you a peek in that picture at just a tiny part of what will be a finished project in a couple of hours.  I’ll be back with a photo or two.  For now I’m going to gulp some coffee, sit in my crochet spot a while and put the edging on it while watching some Saturday Food TV.

Also, I wanted to show you this…

5451501381_3ee3a75b45_b

Tulip Blanket & Photo by Kimberly

I found this photo on Flickr when surfing around.  It shows the style that I’m going to use for my Rose Square blanket.  I’m not using the same pattern for the plain squares, but this gives you an idea of what it will look like.  Do you think I should stick with all pink roses or put some other colors in there too?

Back in a bit with that finished project.

13 comments:

  1. If you want to bust a bit of your stash go ahead and make other color roses. Either way is pretty, pretty, pretty. Yes, fresh coffee does smell good and baking bread too. I have one more thing to add to that--frying bacon. Those are my 3 favorite food smells. Looking forward to seeing the finished baby blanket. Have a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to sniff the fresh coffee too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the smell of fresh coffee! But I have to confess I am not a Starbucks fan. Don't care for the taste. Dunkin Donuts coffee now--that's good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Pam, I think it would be gorgeous all in the same color (that would definitely be my vote) but I agree that if you want to stash bust that would be pretty too. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime....I always smell the new coffee.

    Leave this one pink...and make another one with a lot of colors.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must be a different person, Cindy Bee, because there's no picture like that on the one I was referring to talking about. Imagine that...there's more than one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really a pretty throw. The flowers almost look like pansies. I especially like the simple edge. Is that two colors on that edge or is the carpet showing through at the top of the edging?

    I love the smell of coffee even though I don't drink it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes...I love the smell of fresh ground coffee. It's such a comfort smell. And maybe grinding coffee while the bread is baking would be Nirvana.....

    I think at least one different, even if only slightly flower somewhere in the afghan would be delightful. The "black sheep" in the flock, if you will.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be stunning. Can't wait to see finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your pillows!!!!!!!
    Very Pretty.
    The smell of coffee is yummy. I don't even drink coffee but I love the smell.

    I am having a book giveaway if you or anyone is interested stop on over. fortheloveofyarn-blog.blogspot.com/
    Have a Great Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. That'll be so pretty! Lovin' your roses. If you do other colors then make them with real rose colors. No blue. Look at me, I'm so bossy! I think it would be pretty with 3 pinks, the color you have already a darker one and a lighter pink. Whatever you choose it will be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh and I forgot to add yes, I stick my head in and smell, heavenly! I agree with Sharon Marie. Fresh ground coffee, bread baking and bacon frying. Which reminds me, the other day the DJ, while I was driving to work was taking calls from people as to what they would want their significant other to smell like (not all the time). There's this new bacon scented cologne and the DJ asked his wife if she'd wear it for him and she said only if he would smell like Italian sauce for her. Listening to the callers, all I can say is people have some weird fetishes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think pink and purple flowers would look pretty. Can't wait to see it!

    I love the smell of coffee in the bag too. Although since my surgery my coffee smell and taste has changed (food too). I hate it. The doc says it'll come back. It better!!! I miss my coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥