Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baked Chicken & Some Roses

DSCF3041

Since I’m stumped for anything to blog about, here’s the baked chicken recipe that I use at least once a week.  I usually bake six pieces at a time and keep them in the fridge.  The Captain really likes it and it gives him something to eat for “dinner” when he gets home at 4:00AM.  He likes it cold.  I prefer it hot or at least warm, although it’s good cold for a sandwich.

It’s super-easy and fast…

DSCF3040

Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts

Garlic Powder

Dried Oregano

Dried Chopped Onion Flakes

Kosher Salt & Fresh-Ground Pepper

Rinse your chicken breasts and lay them in a pan that has been sprayed with Pam (for easy clean-up later!).  Sprinkle on the ingredients in the order given, coating the chicken well.  Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.  I do 25 minutes for just two breasts and about 35 minutes for six breasts.  That’s it!

DSCF3037

My favorite way to have it is with a can of Stewed Tomatoes.  Sometimes I eat them right out of the can because I’m just a refined Southern Belle like that.  Hee-hee.  But today I had it with half a can of Seasoned French-Style Green Beans for lunch, and I actually put them in a bowl.  I know…fancy! 

DSCF3039

***********************

Last night I made a big pile of Pretty Pink Roses for squares while I was watching TV.  I’ll probably make squares out of them tonight.

DSCF3047

I think I made 15 or so.  These will be for an adult blanket so there are many more to make!  I need to make a run to Hobby Lobby for more yarn.  As usual, I have a ton of yarn but not what I need (want).

~ Love & Hugs ~

 

8 comments:

  1. That chicken sure does look yummy. I'm going to try it one night soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try that recipe this week , thanks for a different idea on cooking chook :))
    Your flowers are lovely , I like the way they crochet up so quickly :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chicken is making me hungry! I think I have hubby convinced to go out to dinner tonight! :-)

    Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm......chicken looks good. The roses are cute. I'm wondering what you are going to make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no, and here I thought I was the only one who eats stewed tomatoes right out of the can (te-he) and I also eat spring peas right out of the can, do you? - I don't even like to heat them...and share them with Gizzy because he loves them too...

    Those pink little flowers look so sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pattern did you use for the roses? They look pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chicken looks good but I love the plate they're on. :o) xoxox

    I know I've been slack but between getting better and then SLAMMED here at work (I hate being gone from work because of the pile-up when I get back) I have not gotten back to normal yet. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa ~

    I gave the link a few entries back. Somebody also gave me a link to only the rose pattern (free) in the comments of that post.

    You can buy the rose square pattern from Sarah London here: http://sarahlondon.wordpress.com/2011/04/08/pdf-pattern-party/

    OR there is a free pattern for just the rose here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/elizabethcat/4297619238/in/faves-never_knew_crochet/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥