Thursday, March 24, 2011

Votive Jar Cover

I probably won’t get a chance to post tomorrow (Friday) so I’m posting tonight.

I’m really happy with this little project that I completed tonight while watching TV.  It didn’t take me very long at all…maybe an hour and a half or so.

DSCF2894

I have two more colors of this thin cotton yarn and will definitely be making more of these over the weekend.  It’s about the thickness of baby yarn.  (Sorry, but I can’t tell you the name of the yarn right now.  I’ll have to check that.)  They are so pretty and would make great little gifts.  The votive inside it is an LED, not a real candle.  I got a package of six at Hobby Lobby for around $5.  I can’t remember exactly what I paid because it was back at Christmastime when I bought them.  The jar is just a jelly jar I bought at Wal-Mart.  I bought a case of jars for jelly-making a long time ago.

This is a great little free pattern and tutorial you can find HERE.  Now that I’ve gone back and looked at the picture of hers, I can see that I didn’t do the finishing round of scallops exactly right.  I’ll fix that on the next one.  The tutorial was easy to follow and I had no problems with it.  Thank you for sharing your pattern and tutorial, NW Nature Nut!

13 comments:

  1. I really like the pattern to this one. The soft glow is beautiful. Nice work and thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! And I love the idea of an LED candle - no messy wax :)
    The Arrival, Book 1 of the BirthRight trilogy available now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great...and the scallop top looks good too. That's the beauty of making these: they don't have to all be exactly the same to look nice. Fun project, huh? Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Pam!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did wonder about it catching fire, untill I read it was led. lovely pattern :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think yours look good! Don't you just love easy, quick projects? I was sitting there last night in my yarn hole looking at 4 projects that I started........

    Have a great weekend Pammy Sue! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, thank you for sharing the pattern location. Have a nice weekend Pammy Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is cute! I am going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this Pammy! Really pretty, and I'll have to give it a try.. Have a great weekend! ~teener

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your jar cover turned out beautifully! I was also thinking they would be cute in different colors. I was going to post mine last night but you beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a great idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your votive jar. :) I went on over to the website that had the pattern it looks pretty easy, but it sure looks attractive and I agree what wonderful gifts they will make. My daughter loves candles and these will be perfect for her and so do my Red Hatters. :) I can make them in purple and red, I know the $$ store also sells a pack of 4 for $1 for the tea lights..I better get over there and buy them up. :) and the jars at Wal-Mart I seen those perfect...thanks for sharing.. Debb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥