Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pink Lemonade Pie w/Coconut

DSCF2829

 

DSCF2830

When I whip this pie out of my arsenal of recipes, you know it’s Easter time and spring is just around the corner!  I make it every year, and I love it.  Nom-nom-nom.

It’s very easy and quick to put together.  I’ve probably posted this recipe every year since I started blogging five or six years ago, but I’m posting it again.  The recipe makes two pies, but you can halve it easily.  That’s what I did last night when I made it.  Here it is:

Pink Lemonade Pie w/Coconut

8 oz cream cheese (softened)

14-oz can sweetened condensed milk

12-oz can frozen pink lemonade concentrate *

3/4 to 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (plus some to sprinkle on top)

Two 8-oz tubs of Cool Whip or one large

Red Food Coloring

Two Shortbread Pie Crust Shells

*Note:  I only use about 3/4 of the lemonade concentrate because I think it’s too sour with the full 12 oz. 

Combine first four ingredients with an electric mixer.  Add 4-5 drops of red food coloring (color will lighten considerably once you add the Cool Whip).  Fold in the Cool Whip until combined well.  Pour into pie shells and top with more coconut.  You can decorate it with some jelly beans if you’d like.  They look cute on there nestled in the coconut.  Cover and refrigerate at least four hours or overnight.  This pie is good frozen too!

********************** 

I’m making Bev’s Slow Cooker Baked Beans today.  They’re in the crockpot simmering away.  I’m making some Broccoli Cornbread to go with them for dinner.  What’s that you say?  You want THAT recipe too?  Geez, you guys are high maintenance.  Hee-hee.

Broccoli Cheese Cornbread

4 eggs

1 (10-oz) pkg of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed & drained

1 cup cottage cheese

1 onion, chopped

1/2 cup melted butter

1 (8.5 oz) box Jiffy Cornbread Mix

1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.  Lightly grease an 11” x 7” baking pan or spray with Pam (Not me, silly).

In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornbread mix and salt.  Add the eggs, cottage cheese, onion, and melted butter.  Mix well.  Fold in the broccoli.  Pour it into your baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Serve hot.  Refrigerate leftovers and reheat in the microwave.

**********************

Less than 24 hours to the Giveaway deadline!

 

 

12 comments:

  1. The Pink lemnade pie sounds good I will have to try it yummy.thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shitaki mushrooms.... You did it again.... I'm supposedto be on a diet and failing miserably! Yum-o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I come for dinner?
    yummy♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so good! I could eat the whole thing!! And I love broccoli cheese cornbread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, now why didn't you post that cornbread recipe before I made MY beans???? That sounds good. I'm headed to the grocery store for some other items and will be picking up the pie stuff for sure. You're so naughty to do this to me. I'm not supposed to be eating this stuff, you know. You also know I'm weak. Weak as water. Or worse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Pink Lemonade Pie sound sinful and delightful all at the same time. Guessing the no sugar thing is out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pie looks yummy..... and so do those marshmallow eggs in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are short bread ie shells found in the same place as the graham cracker pie shells? If so, this could be on my agenda soon :0}

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a great refreshing treat! I may actually have to try it! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paula ~ yes, they are in the same place with the graham cracker shells. I love the shortbread shells! If they don't have them, you can use graham cracker shells.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to try the pie. I am headed to my daughters this weekend and the cute kiddos and I will make the pies! Gotta grab them jelly beans too! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there, what a great recipe and just in time for Easter, I posted it on my recipe blog and linked back to you telling everyone that it is your recipe...:) DaBookLady

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥