Thursday, March 03, 2011

HiYa

Two whole days with no sugar...

Of course, I've eaten an entire sleeve of Ritz crackers each night, but no sugar!  And maybe a spoon or two of peanut butter.  Dammit, I have to stop that or this is all for naught!  But I think I'll just focus on the sugar thing for the first few days.

I've got nothing else.  My brain isn't working.  I have the opposite of a sugar coma, but I'm not sure what that is.  It's definitely not energy or ambition. 

********************

I saw THIS AFGHAN on Flickr yesterday and fell in love with the color scheme.  I ran to Hobby Lobby and got the yarn, but then I sat here all evening and just stared at it and tried to find a granny square pattern I wanted to use.  Nothing blew my skirt up.  If the square is too complicated, I won't finish.  I'll get bored with it before I have enough squares for a blanket.  I supposed I should just stick with a regular granny square.  I don't know.  I'm going to try again tonight and see if I get any inspiration.

There have been 20 instances of variations of the word "I" in this entry so far.  It bugs me when I do that.

I also bought another birdcage with a tiny little gold bird in it when I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday.  It's so pretty!  I'm going to hang it on my back porch.

Don't you hate it when you are looking at yourself in the mirror and you notice a 1/2-inch black hair jutting out of your face somewhere?  You can pull the thing out (and I sincerely hope you do), but you still know that it's been hanging out there flopping in the wind like a giant curb feeler and distracting everyone you've talked to for at least the last two weeks!  Gah!

I can't think of anything else to say so I'm just gonna end it.

The End

12 comments:

  1. lol. Well....I get these couple of stiff ones (hairs that is...lmao had to clarify that) under my chin. One is black, the others are white. I'm always feeling for them so I can pull them out. Sometimes they sneak up on me and all of sudden there they are. Have I told you before how I hate getting old??? ugh.

    Hang in there on the diet. I'm just like you. I substitute other foodstuffs. I try to keep telling myself how good I'm going to look in those jeans that I haven't been able to wear in two years. :o)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with cutting out the sugar! Cakes and cookies just don't don't taste the same without them :-) I'm trying to cut back also and it is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter once told me in line at Target that i had a dog hair on my neck....She went to get it for me and it was ..........mine...OMG!....
    embarrassing!!!!...
    Pammy Sue you coulda had a 3 Musketeers bar and had less sugar than that whole sleeve of Ritz and the peanut butter....geeesh

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You are my twin! Except for you are the one that got talent & I just want talent :)
    When I saw the sugar gum drops on your background, I considered licking the screen. {How weird is that?} Who in there right mind stops eating sugar? Even my Diabetic Hubby would rather take medicine than give it up.
    Using the word "I"...well this is your blog, damn it.. it should be all about "you" :)
    Now about that stray hair situation...WISH that never happened to me BUT...does, all the time. I call them Witchy Poo Chin Hairs, I also call them stray eyebrows. The worst is when you realize you have one and can't get rid of it till you get home! Not long enough to yank, and you are just sure everyone is staring, because, well, I would stare at someone with one.
    LOVE YOU~
    janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must promise to tell me if I have whiskers or wild hairs on my face. I promise to tell you too. I have several friends standing by here, so that just in case I am ever in a coma they will come to the hospital and take care of my chin hairs and mustache for me. hee hee!

    Any particular reason you chose to cut out all sugar instead of just cutting your portions in half all day? Seems like it would be really hard to cut out sugar all together. I've tried it before and it is hard but gets easier as you get further down the road. Problem for me is...as soon as I fall off the wagon, I'm a gonner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Alot! I had to run and eat some frozen cookie dough when I read your post. Oatmeal cranberry nut! Good Luck with the no sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dedicated my blog post to you today. You are such an angel!

    Can I just say that I would be happy if it were only ONE stray hair? And can I add I'd be happy if it was only one BLACK one? Today I could feel something tickling my neck. Finally had to go check it out in the 100X magnified mirror (cause I'm also half blind now I'm old)and it was a hair about 2" long on my neck?!?! Not only why didn't I see it but why didn't anyone else???? I swear, the people in my house would let me go around with my clothes inside out and backwards and still not say anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 days in...way to go!!! The black hair on your face thing...yeah, I hear ya. Darn those 10 X mirrors! I can't leave the house without using one to check my makeup, but on the flip side, they have revealed a full beard growing, that I had no idea I had! Geez!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A couple things stood out very clearly to me here.....

    First, you are wearing a skirt. Blame it on the sugar.

    Second, you only have ONE black hair on your chin.
    Blame it on the LACK of Sugar.

    Lastly, your brain can't pick at sqaure.
    Let's blame it on the Sugar.

    But, you my friend are still all too sweet. Guess who popped in today at the GB's to say Cock-a-do-da-dooooooo... fun,fun,fun....

    One day down almost and three more to go.

    G.B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOl I can't stop laughing.. So funny..:))
    No comment on the black hair :((,
    But I think you are doing great not having sugar :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm feeling the same Pammy Sue, just looking around for something to crochet that floats my boat but nothing is calling out to me. I think it has something to do with this time of year. The "I" business in your writing gets to me each and every time "I" do a post. You can compare it to hearing yourself talk I think.
    Anyway, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I have eaten your quota of augr the last few days!
    I am fair so have those "OMG how many people have noticed this before me" face hairs but in a long white dumbledore kind of way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥