Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Grrr...

So we're sitting around waiting to have dinner because I screwed up the beans.  I don't think they'll be ready until about 9PM.  I didn't read the directions correctly and drained off ALL of the liquid before adding just a cup of water to them.  I just wasn't thinking because I know better than that.  I know beans do not create their own liquid when they cook and need lots.  DAMMIT!  I'm just glad I checked on them and stirred before they started burning to the bottom of the crock pot.  They were right on the verge of that when I checked them.

I went back and showed my husband the picture of Bev's beans and how juicy they looked.  They looked like they had plenty of water!  So he picked up the recipe and read the directions that said to leave enough water so it covers the beans and then add a cup more.  So at 7:30 PM I added two and a half cups of water and started them cooking again.

What a pisser!  I hate it when a plan falls apart...especially a dinner plan.

The Captain just walked passed me eating a hotdog.  I guess he's not waiting for the beans and cornbread.  How rude!  You don't think he's hungry, do you? 

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE beans . any size, shape or variety . . if the Captain doesn't want his, just ship them to Western New York :0}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hate when that happens!! I couldn't wait for the Mr.....and had to have a bowl of cereal with a banana on top. He is having leftover potato quiche.
    The beans sound yummy though. Let us know tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry! How awful. They'll be even better tomorrow though. All those flavors will have a chance to really blend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't you just HATE when that happens? i do it all the time....half read a recipe. oh well, live and learn right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BUMMER! Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥