Thursday, March 10, 2011

Busy Day Today

The lampshade pattern I adapted is HERE.  You have to register to download the pattern.  I changed it quite a bit since I was using worsted-weight yarn.  I started with single foundation crochet stitches.  There’s another video for left-handed crocheters too…just search for it on YouTube.  I love using those stitches to start a project instead of a chain.  It just makes such a nice, clean edge.  I just used a round of dc and then shells for the edging.  I would like to try it sometime in the thread because it looks so pretty.


I’ve got a million and one errands to run.  Bye.

7 comments:

  1. Howdy! I like using the fnd. chain, too. I like your lampshade it's very unique. Hope ya get all your errands done. Remember doing them when your boys were little? Makes such a difference being able to wiz around by yourself. When I visit my sis and we take the kids with us out and about, it is a major production! Happy day to ya. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute lamp shades... would be pretty if you crocheted some beads into it too!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so.... did you get your million and one errands done... or just a million. Do tell, she says he-he. SO, depressed here today. I know it's just one of those days. But, burgers going on with scalloped potatoes, now if that doesn't cheer me up I don't think anything will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! I've never seen that. I'm off to grab my hook and some yarn and start working with it. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Video! Really Helps!

    Thanks Pam!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥