Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Granny

I finished her this morning!

Valentine Granny

Details:

Pattern:  Twenty regular 9-round Granny Squares

Measurement:  50” x 62”

Yarn:  Various variegated, mostly ILTY from Hobby Lobby.  Two rounds in each square are made with solids.  Color change after each row except the first two, which were done with the same variegated yarn.

Hook:  Size J

JoiningJoin-as-you-go method with the last round of each square in white.

Edging:  I made it up as I went.  I made four rounds of white Granny stitches first.  See last picture for the rest of the instructions.

Valentine Granny A

I love her!

This is going to be a gift for one of my sisters.

If you’re reading this, Brenda, SURPRISE!

I hope you like her.

I love you.

 

Valentine Granny C

This picture taken inside is yucky!  The white doesn’t show up very bright.  I wanted you to see it all laid out though.

 

Valentine Granny Edging

I agonized over the edging last night.  I couldn’t make up my mind what I wanted.  I ended up just making it up as I went.  It’s just one round of sc in lilac, a round of white ch 5, sk a st, sc in next, and a final round in blue ch 5, sk a st, sc in next, alternating the sc in front and back of previous round of loops.

Happy Valentines Day!

Here’s a BIG SMOOCH from me to you!

28skin_span

MmmWah!

24 comments:

  1. Is your sister going to love this. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Pammy Sue. It has a very pretty frosty look to it with the white and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I love her too. B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW.... that is gorgeous. Your sister is so very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blanket is very pretty. Your sister can be very happy to have a sister like you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these colours and the white edging is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'ts very pretty - your sister will no doubt love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it!...Dont you like making the large granny square blankets? Goes fast i think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I luv it, I luv it, I luv it!!! Your sis is so very lucky. Happy heart day to ya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Qué lindo !!
    love it !!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've have totally outdone yourself on this one. I love your choice of yarn, of course. Fantasitc. Your sis is one lucky gal is all I can say. Now, give that arm a pause for the next day or so before diving into the next. Your wing needs a good rest.

    Kiss, Kiss and Toot Sweet,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous!!!!!

    Don't ya love granny's. The colors look great. How long did it take you???

    Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
    Let's hope your husband remembers. I went to good ole wally world today. So many guys grabbin flowers and chocolate. It's funny to see even the old timers pickin out flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your afghan it is so pretty love the colors you used and the edging is very pretty too. Never thought about edgings on afghans till now. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The edge is really cute and I know Brenda is going to love this. It's sooooo much prettier in person too.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is absolutely beautiful! I love the border and the colors. Great job once again, your granny squares rock!! Happy Valentines Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is gorgeous! Your sis will treasure it! I have just decided. I am not worthy of your company! You and Kate....wow...you are my crochet heros!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous3:15 PM

    happy Valentines Day, poo poo.....BP

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your sister will love this! It's beautiful. You must be a very fast stitcher - how long did it take you to make this from beginning or end? I generally don't make afghans anymore, unless someone specifically wants one because my place is too small to store them all...Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its beautiful Pammy Sue! I love the use of varigated yarn - your sister will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE IT Pammy Sue. You are a quick crocheter. It's beautiful. Love the colorful yarn against the white too. Good job.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! xoxox back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous Pammy Sue. I love your blend of colors. It's very bright and cheerful and I'm sure your sister will love her gift. Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pammy Sue , this is lovely and I am sure your sister will love it....Lovely colors ..Hugs from South Texas,,T-13 and counting,,,Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful Pammy Sue! Your sister is very lucky to have such a talented crocheter in the family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥