Wednesday, February 09, 2011

The Red Lip Sisters

Three Sisters

My sisters and I went out for dinner last night and decided we would all wear BRIGHT RED lipstick just to be silly.  Aren’t we pretty?  Hee-hee.

DSCF2634
I’ve been curious about these dinners that you store in the pantry instead of the freezer and thought I’d give them a try.  I opened the chicken & dressing one for lunch a couple of days ago…BLEH!  It tastes like dog food!  How can you mess up chicken and dressing so badly?  And I am NOT a picky eater.  I’ll eat practically anything and like it, but this is garbage.  Don’t waste your money.  BARF-O!  Sorry, Hormel.

DSCF2635
Now this little convenient package of bumble Bee Tuna Salad is really good and so cute too!  I’m addicted to these.  You get that cute little plastic spoon, a can of tuna salad, and a package of crackers.  My only criticism is I need one more cracker than they provide so I have to break out a box of Ritz for that extra cracker.  But Bumble Bee, you get an A+ from me!  They’re only $1.18 at Wal-Mart.  I’ve heard they have them at Big Lots too for $1.00.  I haven’t checked there yet though.

And here’s a recipe I’m going to try this week.  You can find detailed instructions and more pictures at Amanda’s Cookin’.  I’ll give you my review later.  Here’s the recipe now in case you are stumped for something to make for dinner and want to try it.
IMG_3229
Spaghetti Pie
6 servings

Betty Crocker says, "If you hold your uncooked spaghetti together in a bundle, 4 ounces is about as big around as the size of a quarter."  Thanks Betty.
4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
1 (14-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I used my homemade sauce)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 large eggs
1 cup small curd creamed cottage cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)


Heat oven to 375°. Grease pie plate, 10 x 1 1/2 inches. Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
While spaghetti is cooking, cook beef, bell pepper and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
Stir in spaghetti sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened.
Drain spaghetti. Place spaghetti in pie plate; gently press on bottom and 1 inch up side of pie plate.
Mix eggs and cottage cheese; spread evenly over spaghetti. Spoon beef mixture over cottage cheese mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

15 comments:

  1. I bet you girls have a blast when you go out! You look so cute. Thanks for the info on the packaged food and I can't wait to hear about your experiences with the spagetti pie!

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm...I was never brave enough to try the room temp stored Hormels...Thanks for the low down......ick! I like the Bumble Bees too...yum
    The red lips look.......red....really red

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds Yummy! I'll might make one sometime this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom tried those Hormel dinners and made a special call just to tell me that they are "Bleh!" and not to buy any. So it's not just you.

    I love the red-lipped sisters. Any evening starting out like that had to be a lot of fun.

    I love spaghetti pie! Save some for me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So....
    Which sis is which? Do tell.
    Bold but what beauties.

    Love Spag Pie. Great recipe just like one I make.

    Hormel...really...it made it in your cart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the red lips! You girls look MARVELOUS♥
    The Hormel, I ate one once that was edible...then again I was starving & at work. I couldnt believe what a tiny serving it was!
    Spaghetti pie? yummmmmmmy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hum . . . looks like a group of brazen hussies . . . LOLOL

    What fun you 3 must have

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute red lipped sisters! Hope you painted the town red, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too tried the Hormel and it was nasty to say the least. The spaghetti pie looks really good. Cool pic of you and your sis's. I have 4 sisters and I don't think any of us wear lipstick on a daily basis. I do wear lip balm in winter for chapped lips and in summer to guard against sunburn.

    Your package should be there today. Let me know if either one helps you. Hope so! :o) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Beautiful sisters!!! Your lips look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh yea!! You are three gorgeous rockin' Mama's!!! I love that little Bumble Bee. I have to admit, I don't buy a lot of prepackaged meals. I do buy some frozen stuff for my son though. He loves Fresh & Easy Mac & Cheese. And I am way partial to some of Trader Joe's frozen dinners. The Chicken Gorgonzola being our fav!!!
    Happy Day sista!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness that is some really red lipstick looks like you girls are ready to party there. I had seen that spagetti pie before how does it taste? I also like that tuna salad your right not enough crackers there.Well take care my friend be well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just love sister bonding time? You ladies look lovely in red, I mean RED!

    That spaghetti pie looks YUMMY but that other stuff, I don't eat it...ever. I just can't like food that's been prepared in some factory days ahead of time. Just saying it like it is....

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the red lipstick. How fun to have sisters, I'm jealous. The foods ... mmmm, the Spaghetti pie caught my interest till I saw the cottage cheese so I'm not sure, but I may give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:00 PM

    AWESOME.....BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥