Monday, February 07, 2011

Grannylicious Addendum

For those of you who asked…

The yarn I’m using is many, but it’s mostly Hobby Lobby’s ILTY in variegated and stripes (all the lighter ones I could find), there is some Vanna’s and one is Lion Brand Cotton Ease.

I’m changing colors every row, and each square has two rounds that are solid and the rest are variegated.  I’m crocheting over ends as I go.  I hope they don’t come undone.  What a mess that would be.

I’m crocheting them all together in solid white ILTY using the join-as-you-go method I learned from watching a two-part YouTube video.  Just search for “crochet join-as-you-go” and you’ll see Part 1 and Part 2.

I haven’t decided on a border yet, but you know that is my favorite part and there will be a pretty one…the cherry on the top, as it were.  (I don’t know why I said that.  Nobody talks that way!  “as it were”  ha-ha.  I was trying to be a fancypants I guess.)

7 comments:

  1. I always crochet my ends in . . and, don't tell the Gods of Crochet . .I have been known to give them one knotting just to make sure . . now, I must look for Ceus (Zeus's Crochet Equivalent) to cast a lightening bolt in my direction 0{

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Look at all those gorgeous grannies in the previous post ... this is going to be one magnificent ghan. Glad you are back in the crochet mode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing about this yarn brand. I think I'm going to have to take a road trip to the nearest store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! Pammy Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see more. And by the way, I think I might talk or type like that occasionally. Will check in tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your arm is better I take it?
    I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love that!! Hope your doing OK!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥