Saturday, February 26, 2011

Food & Fowl

There’s a lot of cooking, baking, and rooster-making going on over here today.  Hey, that rhymes!

I already made a Macaroni Salad…

DSCF2740

Elbow macaroni, chopped onion, pimento, boiled eggs, sharp cheddar, and mayo.

And three Roosters…

DSCF2739

I made all but the legs last night so this morning I had a crochet leg-fest.  These are so freakin’ fun to make!  You can find the pattern HERE.  If I won the lottery, I would buy-up everything in Dawn’s shop!  I love her stuff.  And her dog is the cutest little long-haired wiener dog you’ve ever seen.  I want one of those too.  I know…you’re surprised, aren’t you?  Hee.  I’m sure she won’t mind if I show-off her little Phoebe and snag a picture…

2436869111_aed3527248_m

Lordie, look how cute!

Those big eyes and tiny little legs!

I hope I don’t sound too stalker-like, Dawn.  ;)

***************************

The Captain is making a grocery store run for me right now.  I’m also going to make BBQ Chicken Thighs on the indoor grill pan, and a Three-Layer Tiramisu Cake!  Pictures and the recipe tomorrow if it turns out.  (Yes, I watched Paula Deen this morning and got all inspired to cook.)

I’m starting a diet next week – not sure what day yet – so I’m doing some baking today.  When I go on a diet, I miss all the baking and cooking of some of my favorites the most.  It’s just not as fun when the stuff I’m making is healthy!  I’m sure I should change my attitude about that one.

We’ve got a race tomorrow AND the Oscars so I won’t be doing any baking then.  I’ll just be eating leftovers and getting it out of my system.  I’m still getting mentally ready for this.  I just don’t want to talk about it much right now.  I’m still getting my head straight.  I must have my mind set correctly or it just won’t work.  I’ll tell you more about it when I’m ready.

I’m going to make at least three more Roosters today.  It’s easier on my arm to make these rather than trying to crochet on my blanket which is just a lot of repetitive stitches.

Gotta run now.

12 comments:

  1. What time are you firing up that grill. I'll be heading your way. Sure sounds better that what "not" cooking here today. Spirits are very low and a little boo-hoo-ing too. But, nothing like a few of your roosters to get me going and back on track. I'm off to see what up over at Fiddlesticks, do she have something new. Adore her, too.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your cooking sounds great. I think we are ordering out pizza tonight. :-) Love the roosters, very cute. They'd be really cute on on gift boxes with coordinating paper. Enjoy all your goodies and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy do I ever hear ya!!! When I know I am going to be depriving myself...and that is soooo bad because at Weight Watchers, we say it is not a DIET, but an eating change...but I know the feeling anyway, is deprivation!! I lost 55 pounds 5 years ago on WW. I know exactly what to do. I know how to do it. I just don't WANNA do it!!! I LOVE to cook. But you already know that about me. So the big challenge is loving to cook in a different way. You can do it Pam...I did it once, I know I can do it again. I don't have as much to lose this time, which helps too. Love those ding dang roosters. Going to have make some. Enjoy that salad! And the thighs are the best! They have the most flavor. Hugs.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long-haired dachshunds are just the cutest little animals.

    And love those roosters! They're so funny, aren't they?!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dog. Yummy food. Hubby running to the store for ya. What more could a girl ask for? Sounds like a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fowl... they are cute...

    I am home bedridden with a fever... I'm calling off work tomorrow... are the Grammy's tomorrow? I may actually listen/watch them. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phoebe is precious!
    Diet? BAD four letter word!
    Oh Pammy! Be proud of me...Im gonna start a REAL CRAFT this week♥ Im motivated, now just get my booty moving on it...details later!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whatchya going to do with all those roosters? cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS - Love those roosters. Thanks for sharing the blog where you found the pattern. And love dachshunds, but I had one and vowed to never have another one! He was so danged stubborn. But I loved him to pieces. I had him for 15/16 years and my husband always says..."Do you love me?" I say, "of course I do..."
    "But do you love me as much as you loved Oscar?" I always say,
    "uuuhhhhhh...."

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dinner sounds great ... if you had leftovers can I come over???? The roosters are adorable, have to check out the pattern, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawn does some wonderful crochet. Your arm is still sore? Don't go too much longer without seeing the doc if it persists. I'm working on small stuff too but my hands are now killing me. I think it may be the weather though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWWWWW, what a sweet looking baby, with puppy dog eyes that say 'take me, or one of my cousins home with you!!

    Love the cake too. I put it in my recipe box on that site. I'm trying to rid myself of extra poundage too. Until I made the sausage casserole that Bev had on her blog the other day. I made it yesterday and OMG. I ate almost half of it yesterday. Ate it for brunch then early dinner. There goes the 4 pounds I lost!! They found me again! :o(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥