Monday, January 17, 2011

Thread Stuff

DSCF2550

 

Linda at Linda Crochets has inspired me to dig out my Between Meal Centerpiece that I started over a year ago and finish it.  She has done some beautiful doilies.  Y’all go check out her blog and see for yourself.  I got it out last night and crocheted a few rounds during the Golden Globes.  It took me all that time to get 3 1/2 rows done.  Its so big now that it takes FOREVER to just get around once.  This thing is a monster.  I still have about 20 rows left to do.  I wanted to tackle this pattern just to prove to myself that I could do it, plus it’s just a beautiful pattern.  It’s very popular and FREE, and you can see a lot of different color combos on Ravelry HERE.  That first one pictured is one my Ravelry friend Jim did in yarn!  How cool is that?

Anyway, I just wanted to show mine to you.  I thought about just stopping at this point and putting the edging on, but I really want to finish it exactly by the pattern.  I’ll be so proud of it when I’m finished, especially if I do it ALL…no shortcuts.

 

I’ll post an update of my Crochet-Along Doily picture after a few more rows.  Three more rows were added after I updated last night, and I have those finished too.

18 comments:

  1. Nice job Pammy ...You should just go for it, and make a table cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote in a cross stitch blog that I need to start cross stitching or crocheting in my sleep . . .but the end results would not be pretty.

    I just do not have enough hours in the day to read and be inspired by biogs, crochet what I have found and cross stitch the samplers I dream about.

    Maybe a speed reading class for blogs would be appropriate :0}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doily masterpiece is looking wonderful! Go for it. :)
    I wanted to start the CAL with Glor using red and white, but now I'm thinking perhaps a peach and white. Thanks for sharing your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO pretty.

    You asked if there was a picture somewhere of the one sleeve shawl and the answer is "Not that I can find." There wasn't one with the pattern and I haven't found one that looks like it anywhere else (so far).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgous. It takes loads of patience to do those. Plus eyesight.

    I recieve emails from allfreecrochet and your pattern for the tea cozy was featured today. Such a wonderful pattern you did there. I was just tickled when i saw it.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow...that is gorgeous! Gots to have it...lol. I will be like you though. I'll get to a point where it's no fun anymore then put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful!! This is my all time favorite piece. I had made one and have one half done, you may just inspired me to dig it out and finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..I am impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Pammy Sue. I like the soft lavender color. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your doily is beautiful! I love the color, too. Thanks also for the info about the Crochet-Along Doily. I started it today and have already posted pics. Wishing you a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl! You need to finish that. You are so close! You will be so proud when you are finished. I have made one of them in purple for someone. It was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lovely doily and it's huge already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! I hope you are able to finish it, but it would still look great if you didn't add the last rows.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This/These are amazing. Am I ready for one? It will be a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. That is real nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks fantastic already, but how great will it be to finish the whole pattern. Go girl, you can do it

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are coming along beautifully! When I'm working on a larger piece (especially this large and larger), I break it up into sections in my head, and basically think of it as completing one "section" or one "round" at a time. Before you know it...you are at the end and it's B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! Keep posting updates!!!
    Lindacrochets

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥