Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Next? Purple & Yellow!

Thank you to everyone for your nice comments on my RED Granny Blanket!  But now...

I'm on a Granny Square binge!


Purple & Yellow?
Who'd have thunk it?

I couldn't stand doing nothing and started these the very next night after I finished the RED Granny.  These are the squares for my next Granny blanket!  There is one more round that goes on each of these with the middle variegated color, but that won't be added until I start crocheting them together.  I think it will look completely different with that round added.  I'll be using the join-as-you-go method again on this one.  I liked it, although I do think it takes longer than whipstitching.

At the rate I'm going, I don't think it will be long before it's done. 

*************************   


Here are the items I won from Paula in her Birthday Give-Away.  They came in the mail yesterday.  Isn't that yarn interesting?  I'll have to think of something that will look cool all stripey to make with it.  The Cross Stitch magazines are for my mom.  There was another little booklet included with crochet patterns too.

Thank you, Paula!

16 comments:

  1. I love it...gonna be so pretty and your "red one" is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go granny girl!!! Hey, am I the only one who ran out and bought the monistat cream? I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you received them.

    I know how you like to change up what you are doing, so I thought you might find the yarn interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl. I love your new colors. But that yarn you won. You know I want to see that worked up and closer... closer, please. It looks kind of lacy. But, cool very very cool. Are you taking up cross stitching now....

    The casserole I talked about is on the keeper list...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new afghan squares I love purple too it really is going to look pretty. I love the yarn you won can't wait to see what your going to make. I look forward to your blog there is something new each time. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always choose the best color combinations Pammy Sue! Love the purple and yellow, they look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty colors Pammy Sue. The grannies are fun to do, except for the joining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Pammy Sue, that purple and yellow remind me of Easter and Spring!! Can it really be that far off? I am so wishing for spring. Just have to surround ourselves with color, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I do like the purple and yellow squares. Makes me think about making a granny square throw/blanket myself.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are on a roll! Your new blanket is going to be really pretty, the colors look great together. Have a nice evening. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're on a roll...I have to learn the join as you go method...that sounds better to me than going back and stitching or crocheting the squares together...I like those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :):)
    I love your grannies and your red one is really beautiful and its border... wow!!!
    Have a nice day!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job on all the granny blankeys Pammy Sue. That yarn is interesting. I love the way some yarns look one way on the skein and another way when they are worked. I spin yarn and I bought some fleece one time that I really didn't like the way it looked in the fleece form, but absolutely love the way it looks spun. Hmm, wonder what it would look like made into grannies....

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, love the purple and yellow...it is so unexpected! Your red granny is wonderful as well. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Yes, maybe I teased a bit. But, mostly I have felt bad that I have not blogged anything I have been working on lately. This project has taken me a while as my creativity time has been cut way back by life and school. I am nearly done, though, and will post.

    Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I appreciate it so much. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked the red one vbut this one is gonna be pretty too. Purple and yellow are the colors of one of our schools here (That is until next year when the schools in the county merge). People would go wild around here as it's Lone Oak's colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥