Saturday, January 08, 2011

The Good Wife (That’s Me)

The Captain is going to a poker party tonight with the guys.  A few minutes ago he informed me that he “forgot” to tell me that he was bringing the dessert.  Translation:  You are making a dessert for me to take and I need it tonight.  GAH.

So I looked in the pantry and saw that I had a package of these that I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to use:

OT492515L

I also had a box of brownie mix and a box of chocolate cake mix.  So I hopped on the computer and googled “brownies with Caramel Bits” and this recipe popped up:

Caramel Brownies

14 oz package Kraft caramels or 1 bag of Caramel Bits

2/3 C evaporated milk, divided (I used 1% milk)

1 box of German Chocolate cake mix (I used Devil’s Food)

3/4 C butter, melted

1 C semi sweet chocolate chips

1 C chopped nuts, optional.  (I used pecans)

Over medium low heat, melt 1/3 cup evaporated milk and caramels in a saucepan.  Grease a 9 x 13 pan. Mix cake mix, butter, 1/3 C evaporated milk and nuts.  Mix together well.  Press 1/2 of the dough into bottom of pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.  Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and spread caramel on top of that.  Sprinkle remaining dough on top (will not completely cover).  Bake 15-18 minutes.

DSCF2478

That kind of looks like ground beef and gravy, doesn’t it?  Yuck.  But it smells really good!

 

*************************

I have some bad news (but not surprising) for those of you anxious to see the blanket I’ve been going on and on about lately from the Artsy Fartsy book.  I’m not going to make it.  It’s ugly made with the squares I already have, and I’m not in the mood to commit to starting from scratch making the ones in the pattern.  Sue me.  Or better yet, make it yourself!  Maybe I’ll make it some day, but not right now.  I’m done with it.

(Stop laughing and saying, “I told you so,” Kate!  Stop it right now!)

************************

In other news…

I’m sure some of you remember Keri from Greyt Balls of Yarn.  She asked me to let you know that she intends to get back to blogging very soon.  Life got in the way of blogging so she’s had it on the back burner for the last several months.  She has very recently had a tragedy in her family and has asked that I let you know that also.  She’s not up to sharing the details just yet, but you can read what has shared on her blog at the above link.

***********************

As a reminder:

I don’t participate in blog awards.

I appreciate the thought and I love my readers, but blog awards are a pain in the ass.  If this offends you, I’m sorry.  Stop being so sensitive (like I am!).  It’s nothing personal.  They just go round and round and you get the same ones five & six times and you have to jump through hoops and answers questions and then select other blogs to pass them onto, and it’s just a giant pain in the ass.  That’s just my opinion and my policy, which I’m allowed to have because, after all, it’s MY BLOG.  I’d much rather you leave me some love in a comment.

That is all.

11 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you came to your senses over that blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG . . . there acrually are Crochet Police, a court system, attorneys and judges? Oh, No . . .I may get sued for not completing things too! ! ! !

    The horror of it all :0}

    The brownies look yummy and I will have to look for these already unwrapped carmels . . I would make more carmel things with these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup it looks like ground beef and gravy but I bet it's good. That's nice of you to make it for him to take. Yeah, best to work on sumpthin' you enjoy and it can turn out so ya luv it. NO STRESS! Have a nice weekend, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you ain't feeling it no use making yourself complete something you will just hate.

    But the brownies, I could finish off those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are SUPER wife! I'd be like, "Darlin', you just stop at the store bakery on your way to the game and tell everybody I said Hi." hee hee!

    Don't-cha just hate it when a project isn't turning out. Especially when it's turning out ugly. Oh well. All artists run into this.

    I don't blame you one bit about the blog awards thingy. I feel the same way about all the stupid games on FaceBook so I just ignore..ignore...ignore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about the lady who has taken a blog break. I don't know her, but I feel for her. About the blog awards, I think you said it perfectly. I used to have a blog free award, or at least I had a sign saying so. I need to put it back up. I hate those things too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hear, hear - a cheer for not sharing blogging awards. Unfortunately they remind me too much of chain-letters - no matter how kind the thoughts are behind them.
    I have never seen anything here like those caramels. Probably a good idea as I would just eat them straight from the packet :-)))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Pammy Sue,

    oh, your Brownies look very, very yummy!!!

    Have a nice Day and send you many Greetings,

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm. I might have to make some of those brownies. Did he say how they tasted?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tend to agree - I 'm not one for blog awards. It's really thoughtful that someone thinks enough of your blog to think you worthy of an award but I think of it like Maria does - it's a little bit like a chain letter (and they go straight in the email delete bin if I get one - let me get cursed or hexed or whatever!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh i can smell that pudding from here :))
    As for not liking some crochet patterns, well there have been a few LOL..
    Have a great day :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥