Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fluffy Dinner Rolls: Rave Review

DSCF2373

PERFECT!

 

DSCF2375

AND I DO MEAN PERFECT!

Really Large!

Fluffy!

Easy!

SO GOOD!

AWESOME!

Link to recipe is HERE.

I followed the recipe exactly.  Mine did not rise to the proper height for 40 minutes instead of the 20 minutes cited in the recipe.  Other than that, everything worked out exactly as it should have, including the cooking time.  I started these at about 12:45 and they were coming out of the oven at 1:50.  Unbelievable for homemade yeast rolls.  It’s silly for me to be so excited over a recipe, but I am and can’t say enough good things about it.  You must try it if you like to make bread.  The Captain woke up to the smell of these rolls this afternoon.  He thinks I’m awesome right at this moment.  He loves me (and my rolls).  He is eating his with thinly sliced ham as little sandwiches.  I had mine with just buttah.  Mmm!

I don’t think I’m even going to try the Lion House Roll recipe now, although I will try the flipping method of shaping the rolls sometime.  (Video and recipe link in my last post if you missed it.)  This recipe was too good and too quick to even try anything else.

The Ground Beef Stew I made yesterday was also a hit with both of us.  It made a very large pot FULL.  I only used three potatoes and half of a small bag of baby carrots because that’s all that would fit.  I did have to add water and more V-8 juice three times as the cooking went on.  I was surprised that some of my potatoes were not fully done until the 1.5 hour mark.  This was also a keeper recipe.

No serious crocheting happening around here the last few days.  I’ve only made a few random flowers just goofing around.  See ya.

12 comments:

  1. OH! I could dive into that and eat my fat little way out! Those look delish. Tonight I am making the Steak Tips over Rice from you previous post. I saw your Good N Plenty pattern and the Tea Cozy pattern on Crochet Pattern Central today. As I type this I see a corner of the pic of the rolls, gotta go wipe the drool off my chin now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread? Who said bread? You know I love bread!!!!! I am SO making these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those look fantastic. A far cry from the Christmas cookie project...hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love homemade rolls! I even like them with butter or peanut butter too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look terrific! Thank you for the link. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look absolutely scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder your husband loves you (double and triple) I LOVE love love yeast rolls (bread) and could live on that stuff...if someone baked me these, I'd be in love too ;-)

    I'm glad you like them, so the recipe is a keeper!

    Happy almost New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yours even looked better....

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooo! yummy! The day I can get self-rising flour and a Kitchen Aid, then I will definitely try this recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The picture by itself makes me slobber all over myself. What a way to top off a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pammy Sue those rolls look yummy! I might have to give them a try. I used to make bread and cinnamon rolls and all kinds of good stuff.

    I had to laugh at the comment from "oceankisses." (snicker)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only got one thing to say - nice buns!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥