Thursday, December 02, 2010

Convertible Cowl

DSCF2243

DSCF2244

DSCF2246

Convertible Cowl

Free Pattern:  HERE

Ravelry Page:  HERE

 

This took about 4 hours to make with the color changes. It was fun and mindless though, and I love the end result. This would make a great gift. I used these two colors because it was the only two neutral colors I had on hand in a bulky yarn, and I didn’t have enough of either one to make it solid.

My only suggestion is that you be sure and place your starting chain around your neck and make it long enough for that soft drapey effect. Most people need to make their starting chain longer than the pattern calls for. It looks stupid when it’s not big enough. If you don’t believe me, just go to the Ravelry page and look through the 305 projects. I added 20 chains to mine, and it could have been even a little longer. Yes, I have a big head apparently.  You’ll see on the pattern and Ravelry page how you can pull it up over your head to block the wind or whatever.

I used a size N hook and 1 skein of Lion Brand Jiffy in Silver Heather and 1 1/2 skeins of Bernat Softee Chunky in Topaz.  I much prefer the Bernat.  The Jiffy is not near as soft.

9 comments:

  1. Hum . . . might be a nice gift for my niece . . . deep red and deep red variegated.

    WIll ask the husband if he will go get the yarn for me while I find an N hook.

    KISSES for finding a Christmas gift for me to make.

    paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and all in all, did not take that long to do. As you say, would make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that, it came out so pretty... gonna go check out the Ravelry page now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Like, I Like... How are you feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! The colors look really beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing the pattern.
    Have a lovely day,
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! I can't wait to make one. I have a friend that goes to our yarn shop and she made a darling one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like. I am going to make one of these or maybe more if they're that quick to make! It's getting down to the wire and I'm running out of time!!! Thanks!! Hope you are feeling better. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a nice pattern thank you for sharing, I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥