Friday, December 17, 2010

All Better

I’m finally feeling much better now after a second doctor visit and a different antibiotic.  Aren’t you glad you don’t have to hear about it anymore?

Sammi is glad.  Her chin hairs have steadily been turning white over this past year.  I don’t know why she’s getting gray already.  She’s just recently turned four years old.

DSCF2307

She’s a Momma’s Girl

 

DSCF2310

I made another Cornbread Salad this morning.  (The cornbread is on the bottom.)  This is a picture before I added the Ranch Dressing, tomatoes, and shredded Cheddar cheese layers.  YUM.  I was telling Lallee about it earlier in the week and I haven’t stopped thinking about it since so I had to make it.  This is the simpler version with no chopping required.  Just cornbread seasoned with cumin and sage, one can of black-eyed peas and one can of black beans, one can of shoepeg corn, one can of green chilies, and one can of pimentos in the filling.  You can use whatever type of beans you like, and you can vary the other ingredients as well.  The possibilities are endless.

I know I’ve told y’all about this dish several times, but you aren’t listing to me!  MAKE IT!  You’ll return to this recipe time and time again because it’s that good.

DSCF2311

I whipped this little yarn doily up last night.  No pattern, I just winged it.  It’s the same colors as the table runner I made a few weeks ago.

That’s it.  Bye.

8 comments:

  1. Hello Pammy, I love the doily. What a nice pattern and great colours. It's good to hear you are feeling much better. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its gorgeous! I think you should make a pattern for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling better! I like the yarn doily, the combination of the colors mostly. Have a great weekend! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this doily and the dog, white chin hairs and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you are feeling better - being sick is no fun!

    That doily is very attractive ... just whip it, Baby, whip it good - nice job :-)

    That dish sounds yummy. You know my neighbor has a dog that looks like your Sammi and she's only 4 or 5 and her entire snout (cheeks and chin) is white already. It must be in the breed. She's such a sweet girl and loves everyone - unlike my boy, who barks at her (bad Gizzy!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Pammy Sue,

    i am happy to hear you feel better!
    Your Sammi is very, very cute and looks so lovely with her white chin hairs...

    Send you many Greetings and take care and big Hug to Sammi...

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I love the doily - looks pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm STILL one of the people who has not made that salad. Shame on me! I know it must be great for you to be making it over and over.

    Pretty doilie!

    Awwww....Sammy girl.....such a sweetie pie! I just want to hug her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥