Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mmm…FOOD

I’m very excited today because this is the last NASCAR race of the season and the championship will be determined.  The points are so close the cup winner is still up for grabs and will be determined with this race today.  Yee-haw.  I love it!

****************************

This is a favorite recipe in my family around this time of year.  I promise you will love it.

AUTUMN APPLE SALAD

20-oz can crushed pineapple with juice

3-oz pkg lemon jello

8 oz cream cheese

½ cup chopped nuts

1 cup chopped, peeled apple (1 large or two small)

½ cup chopped celery (about 2 stalks)

8 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed

Place pineapple with juice into a saucepan and boil for three minutes. Remove from heat, add jello, and stir until jello is dissolved. Add cream cheese and stir until melted and well combined. Place in a glass bowl in the refrigerator and allow to chill until almost set. When it is almost set, add the celery, apples, and nuts; mix well. Fold in the Cool Whip. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving (at least 4 hours). I usually make this the night before we eat it.

Tip: Don’t chop the apples until the jello mixture is almost set. That way you don’t have to worry about the apples turning brown.

DSCF2105

Not such a great picture!  Kind of looks putrid.  It’s really pretty in real life!

************************************

DSCF2109

I made these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins last night.  This picture is before they were baked.  I got the recipe HERE if you want to try them.  I only used 1 1/2 cups of sugar because I thought 2 cups of sugar would be too sweet.  I also used half whole wheat flour and half regular white flour.

DSCF2110

Here they are all done.  As you can see, I used nuts on 6 of them and the rest were plain.

DSCF2111

Next time I’ll add more sugar to the filling and add 1/4 cup more oil.  Mine are a little bit dry.

***********************************

Look what I had for supper last night:

DSCF2112

CRAP FOOD!

DSCF2114

But really good crap food.

I love corn dogs!

***********************************

Crochet:

I started a table runner last night.  I would be able to finish it today, except Hobby Lobby isn’t open today and I need one more skein of I Love This Wool to finish it, darn it!  I love the way it is made.  It’s one of those patterns where you make loops as you are making your starting chain.  When I post the finished runner next week, I’ll let you know where you can get the pattern, which unfortunately isn’t a free one.

Today I’m going to make a new 12-inch square from a pattern out of a 1997 Leisure Arts pattern book I ordered from Amazon.  Then I’ll probably work on the Buttercream Blanky some more.

Love to all of you!

HeartsRoundPillow_std

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the salad recipe and I think the muffins look really good.

    We had State Fair corn dogs last night too! With deep fried pickles and mushrooms. It was one of those meals your heart really could only stand once in a while but it's definitely a feel-good meal of true comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food looks delicious!!
    Not so sure about the corn dogs though...something We don't here in the UK!!
    Em xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jello recipe is one that my husband's family has made for Thanksgiving forever!!!! Love the heart pillow. The muffins looked marvy!
    I passed along an award to you, and 9 others. Play along if you would like. If you don't, I won't be offended in the least.
    CHeers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I remember something about Pineapple and Jello, maybe it was fresh pineapple. But, this sounds yummie.

    Wow, have you been busy surfing this weekend. Thank goodness you have the time to do this for us.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and Corn Dogs are my go to crap snack too. Lots and lots of yellow mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to say thhis . . but I can't keep fromlaughing . . the hot dog with the mustard coming out of it is almost obscene . . no idea why I saw it that way, just my luck, i guess.

    The salad and muffins look good . . muffins would be a real treat for breakfast . . cream cheese is my morning addiction.

    :0} paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pammy!

    Thank You for the recipe for the Autumn Salad... I copied it down.... I plan on making it!!!

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Out of all the "crap" foods to eat, I really love hot dogs (not a big fan of corn) which is probably the worst meat you can have, but my taste buds apparently overwrite my brain ;-)

    Thanks for the salad recipe. I think I will try that. It sounds really good to me.

    Your crocheted hearts pillow reminds me of Valentine's Day! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pillow. Where can I get the pattern for it? LOVE...IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥