Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Good & Plenty!




The inspiration...

My favorite...Good & Plenty licorice candy.

YUM!!

Here is the pattern, which I don't claim as my own.  It's simply a V-stitch and Double V-Stitch pattern which can be found in practically any crochet stitch book or on the Internet.

*****************************

V-Stitch Blanket
Size: 52” x 72”

Stitch Explanations:
V-stitch (V-st): (Dc, ch 2, dc) in place indicated.
Double V-stitch (DV-st): (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in place indicated.

Change colors after every two rows if desired.

With Size J hook and worsted weight yarn, ch 124.

Row 1 (WS): With size J hook, V-st in 5th ch from hook, *sk next 2 chs, V-st in next ch, repeat from * across to last 2 ch, sk next ch, dc in last ch.

Row 2 (RS): Ch 3; turn. DV-st in ch-2 sp of each V-st across, dc in 4th ch of beg 4 sk ch.

Row 3: Ch 3; turn. V-st in ch-2 sp of each DV-st across, dc in 3rd ch of beg ch-3.

Row 4: Ch 3; turn. DV-st in ch-2 sp of each V-st across, dc in 3rd ch of beg ch-3.

Rows 5-End: (Repeat Rows 3 and 4 alternately) until blanket is the length desired.

Last Row: Repeat Row 3.

Edge as desired.

20 comments:

  1. Cool! Candy inspired afghan. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this very much. The colors are great. I love the idea of a box of candy as color inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must stop by your house and steal this for my cousin . . LOLOL

    like the colors

    \0/ paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Pam. And so aptly named!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty blanket! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Pam how cool is that, using a Good and Plenty box for your inspiration! You are so clever. I love the afghan and the colors really rock.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way too go. Your best yet. Of course, I aDORe the color and you were right. Perfect name. You know once you name them it's hard to let go of. Darling border too. I may just be a copycat on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pammy!

    I LOVE those colors!!!

    susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pammy Sue, You never cease to amaze me with your creativity...I love the idea ....of naming the blankys..I think an oreo and dark chocolate and milk chocolate colors would be hot

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a winner for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Pammy Sue,

    that looks wonderful...love the Candy Colours and thank you so much for sharing!
    Enjoy your Day and have Fun,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now thats lovely,... colours and crochet.. I like the box of lollies too, but have to say only chocolate will do :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you name your afghans. I love your afghans. I really, really do. So pretty and soft, reminds me of one I have that my Nan made... same colors... a little more retro... but I love the purples...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors! I hope mine is as pretty as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work, Pammy! LOVE the colors!.. AND the candy too! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colors! This is so cute. Now you've got me thinking about candy and yarn. How about a Napoleon colored one, cream, pink and chocolate. Of course you have to eat chocolate while you make it, you know, for inspiration and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful ghan. Love those colors together and such a simple idea. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous9:24 AM

    Could you tell me how to do the border please? Thanks for a beautiful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The stitches may be well-known, but you put them together with whimsical colors in an eye-catching way! Thanks for sharing this - it's the inspiration for a scrap-ghan to use up my newly-organized bits-and-bobs of yarn.

    Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous afghan! You did a lovely job! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥