Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Crooked Stump

DSCF2124

One Lonely Tree

I didn’t do anything yesterday during the day.  As a matter of fact, I have idea what I did.  I should have been working, but I spaced out and didn’t.  Maybe I just sat and stared at the wall.  I have no idea.  I’m a zombie from lack of sleep.

I did manage to make it to Hobby Lobby yesterday evening for that skein of wool to finish my table runner.  And then when I got home, I crochet this little tree which is one of nine in a Christmas Tree Garland.  The info on it is HERE and the pattern is in the current issue of Crochet Today.   I’m using Paton’s Kroy sock yarn in Colors of Clover.  I blocked it and let it dry overnight, but the stump is still crooked.  I need to block that part again and straighten it out.  Poor little crooked-stumped tree…you are very pretty though.

**************************************

Did I tell you that I can’t get that book, The Little House, on my Nook?  I’m so disappointed.  I suppose if that’s all I have to be disappointed about, my life is pretty darn good, huh?  Yep, I’m one lucky girl.  I guess I’ll just have to read another one.  Maybe I’ll break out The Help and read it.  I think maybe I’m burnt out on reading for a week or two though.

I’m really sick of my blog template now.  I think it may be time for a new one.  I’ll ponder that and have a look-see at what’s out there.

Right now I’m going to go stare at the wall some more.  Bye.

8 comments:

  1. Love your tree. So you are exclusively a crocheter? I took a little knitting class about 3 yrs ago. Then, shortly after, I began taking care of my grandson full time. My free time to go to classes went away. I put the knitting in my bag, and only dusted it off recently. I picked up crochet about 3 months or so ago, after stumbling on so many fun blogs with fun, current, colorful crochet ideas. Been "hooked" since!!! I am a quilter too, but I have not had the disposable time to sit in my sewing room for hours on end to quilt. This new craft is portable, and I love that.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn you have used is lovely! Don't worry too much about straightening that tree - when have you ever seen a non crooked tree?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just need to remember that trees are not absolutely PERFECT. Even Christmas trees. Those are going to be very cute. Can't wait now to see the finished table runner. Always so busy, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you get the background for your blog? I tried to figure it out for mine, but I'm clueless! Check out my blog too please. Its new, but I'm trying! www.murraymomma3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered a used copy of The Little House and should be receiving it in a few days. If you want...I can send it to you when I'm done with it.

    Nice tree! I like the new background on your blog and I actually like the current header with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    Cute tree and will be a cool garland. Get some of that "Fatigued to Fantastic" sleep formula. I just ran out and need to get some more. It's by Enzymatic Therapy. I swear by it. Menopause SUCKS. It's messing with my hormones including the hormone to sleep good. Maca has helped but for those darned nights I take a capsule. Don't put up with being a zombie, do try it. Do I sound like an infomercial? Like the new background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Listen....It is the buttons on the new look thats throwing me off.......Those red buttons are just like.....BAM!!!!
    I like the red and blue though....can I suggest a christmas theme...for kicks...at least
    ...............and it is the holidays.......pleeeeez

    ReplyDelete
  8. DAMMIT, Mandy! It took me forever to decide on this one! I refuse to put up a Christmas theme for my template, although I do plan to add a falling snow thing-a-ma-jig in December. That will have to be good enough. I'm sick of Christmas shit already. Stop it with the Christmas shit, people! Put something Christmasy up on Christmas Day and then take it down immediately at midnight. Bleh!

    Oh, and Merry Christmas everybody! Heh-heh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥