Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday Food

Before I get to the food...

I'm about to start putting the border on my Fall Afghan.  I'm so excited to show it to you.  I'm not good at guessing crochet timeframes, but my best stab at it is tomorrow sometime.  However, it could be late tonight if it goes faster than I think it's going to.

Okay, on to the food!

 

DSCF1893

Cornbread Salad

 

Not the best picture in the world, but it’ll do.  You can see a better picture and the recipe HERE.  This is one of my favorite all-time recipes.  I usually always make it a couple of times during the spring and summer since it’s a cold dish.  It makes a ton, so beware if you are not making it for a crowd and cut it down some.  When I cut down the ingredient measurements, I still use the full 1 pkg of cooked cornbread.  Above I’ve used one can of beans, 1 small can of shoepeg corn, 1 large jar of diced pimentos (instead of bell pepper), 1 can of green chilies, and about 1/4 of a chopped onion and a chopped tomato.  No bacon because I didn’t have any.  I used about 3/4 cup mayo and 3/4 cup sour cream with one pkg of ranch dressing mix, and just eyeballed the cheese on top.  I promise you will love this and so will everyone else!  You can make some meat on the side if you just have to have meat (ham or pork chops are good with it), but this is usually our main dish when we have it.

Next…

DSCF1897

If you haven’t tried these little snacks, you should.  They are yummy and there are 10 individual packets in each box.  We’ve had the Jalapeno and Cheese flavors, but they also have Pizza and some kind of Honey flavor too.  They are $3 per box here and are in the chip aisle.

 

I tried to take pictures of the TV earlier today.  I wanted to get a good shot of Sandra Lee’s hair.  It looked so good and I need a haircut.  Here are the crappy shots I got…

DSCF1890 DSCF1891

DSCF1892

I think you can click on them for a larger view.

I’m running off now to start the border on my afghan.  The big reveal is next!

7 comments:

  1. Wow...so much to take in when you are just getting up from a two hours...yes, two hour nap. I'm still groogie and feel all doped up. Guess I'll be awake late tonight..... So, what the heck is shoepeg corn, something found only in Ta-has. But, you know I'm willing to give anything of yours a try. Ranch Dressing mix, again, really.

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the O.A. that's getting all bordered up tonight. Isn't that a fun pattern, if I do say so myself.

    Guess I better run and put a few spuds in the micro for dinner here. Geeezzz-La-weeezzz..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of pretzels!! I've never heard of your recipe and just may have try. My son loves cold lunches. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna have to try that recipe sometime Pam. Thanks for sharing it with us. I've tried the Pringles snack pretzels and you're right they are good. Can't wait to see your aghan 'cause I know it's gonna be beautiful.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. All looks good and can't wait for the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to check out that recipe and cut in half... There's only the 2 of us. Unless Micahel stops in for dinner that is...;-)

    I'll be awaiting the completion of your afghan!!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I know what you mean about your arm.. It sure slows down the progress.
    I like the sound of the cornbread salad, but the Jalapeno stix sounds really hot to me ???
    I'll be waiting for the unvailing :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cornbread salad looks soooo good! Thanks for sharing the recipe! So are you getting your hair cut like Sandra Lee's??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥