Monday, October 18, 2010

Surprise Ta-Dah!

DSCF1861

DSCF1862

Finally!

The 16 x 16 pillow form arrived so I could stuff the pillow cover I made a while back and sew it together.  Unfortunately, I messed up the joining in the corners of the squares on the front, but it doesn’t look too bad.  You probably wouldn’t even notice if I didn’t tell you AND if you didn’t see Jacquie’s perfect oneTHIS is the pattern I used for the front, and the back is just a granny square.    I covered the pillow with red material before I sewed the cover on.  I’m not showing you the buttons because they don’t look good.  Next time I’ll know how to do it better and will use less of them.  I think Jacquie’s instructions for making the button holes were for smaller buttons than what I used.  Despite all its flaws, I love my red & white pillow!

I took my sister to the airport this morning.  :(  My aunt goes home tomorrow, and then things should get back to normal around here.  My mom’s birthday party went great and we all had a good time.

I’m off to sit on the couch and do nothing until The Captain leaves for work in a few minutes.  Then I may take a nap or just sit on the couch some more.  I enjoyed seeing everyone, but I miss my solitary time (which includes my dogs, of course).  Poor things have been left alone way more than they’re used to.

See ya.

13 comments:

  1. Company is nice but it's nice when they go home too. I love my solitary life and sometimes don't like the intrusions. Does that make me a hermit?? :o) Me and my boy do just fine together by our lonesomes. I like your pillow. :o)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillow cover is very pretty! Thanks for sharing the sites and patterns. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It gorgeous. Nothing says home more than handcrafted. It's a love hate relationship with a house full of people who are important. love having them, hate not having the space we are used to. Hate seeing them go, love having our routine return to normal. Love your pillow. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just plain gorgeous! I love the red and white. And there's nothing wrong with your corners.

    Renee, spear401

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pillow! So happy! Glad you all had a nice time for your Mom's birthday celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pillow it is so beautiful I love the design too. You always do great work been busy will write you later. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your pillow looks terrific Pam with or without any flaws you think it has. Great job!

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need someone standing next to me saying HOW to do that...LOL I love videos on how to do a stitch...;-)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that is a pretty pillow, and you're right, I don't see any funny corners.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a lovely cushion.. Love the pattern and I am so pleased you have now completed your project.. Whats next on your list of to do's??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the front of the cushion - warming, happy, wonderful colours. Can't see a thing wrong with it - you shouldn't look too close ☺
    Alone time is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love this pillow!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pillow - you did a great job.

    Caz :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥