Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Ribs and Still No Ta-Dah

Somebody at Hobby Lobby decided they no longer needed 16 x 16 pillow forms and ordered all 18 x 18.  So I guess I'll make a trip to Walmart and see if I can get one there.  I have no idea when I'll go, but in the meantime, I'll make another pillow for the 18 x 18 form.  I know you're wondering why I don't just add two inches to the one I have done, but I'm using buttons on this one and already have the button holes crocheted.  I could just rip it out, but I'm not going to.

***************************

I made Beverooni’s Slow Cooker Pork Ribs yesterday.  (Scroll down that page for the recipe)

 

DSCF1794

Yep, it’s a keeper.  The Captain loved it, and he’s not a rib-eater.  He is now!  The only thing I did differently was I only made one rack of ribs (about 2.75 lbs) since it was just me and The Captain.  I made the same amount of sauce as in her recipe.  I also cooked mine on high for about 5 1/2 hours because I didn’t get them started until around noon.  They were perfect!

****************************

Just for the record, Blogger is still not uploading pictures for me.  I’m using Windows Live Writer again today.

10 comments:

  1. Frustration with the pillow forms. i have resorted to buying simple fabric pillows and using them for the forms as you can sometimes get them around $3-4.00 on sale or at end of season buys. Noticed that everyone's followers are now missing from their sites...what in the heck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... we had the same thing last night only beef ribs. Yum.

    Hey, you might want to read this..... Looks like big blogger changes in the works. I use Picasa already and it's easie-peasie...

    But, this might explain the uploader issue you are having.

    http://1stfloorflatcomputery.blogspot.com/2010/10/more-on-online-privacy-picasa.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey ...i had a half a slab last night at a royal meeting...with a beer

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a bummer about the pillow form. I hate it when that kind of stuff happens. Hope Walmart will have the form size you need.
    JoAnn's might have it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been having some trouble with blogger too. Ribs look good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... or if worse came to worse, you could always make your own pillow form with polyester fiber fill and some muslin or potato sack right? I've never done it, but have been forced to sew in an emnergency situation - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hate that. Could you order them online???
    The receipe sounds so tastey.. and looks like an easy one to make...
    have a great day :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy.. Dear Son would LOVE this!.. I'm heading right over to check the recipe out!.. Glad to hear you got the Cuisinart!! It's not the brand I have, but I know you're going to love it anyways! I use my processor OFTEN, and the cleanup is no problem at all!.. The sourdough bread you made looks delicious!.. Can't wait to see the latest pillow(s) you've made. I'm just waiting patiently for my yarn to come in, so in the meantime I'm working on my sweater! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the rib recipe. I'd been thinking of trying one, but hadn't heard any "real people results" ... I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥