Thursday, October 21, 2010

Just Pictures

…because I’m busy and have no time.

DSCF1825

My gift to my mom.

(The Bodum Ibis electric kettle)

And a rock I crocheted.

DSCF1826

The rock made her laugh.

 

DSCF1875

Pumpkin Bread…Recipe HERE

I made two loaves last week…one with cranberries and one without.  Everybody liked it best without the cranberries.  This picture is the second time I made the recipe yesterday (apparently at 12:56!).  This time I only made one loaf so it would be taller.  I hate short loaves of bread.  Making it this way, it needed to bake for 1 hr and 20 minutes.  Perfecto.

 

DSCF1876

I finally made something in my new food processor.  It was amazing how fast it whirred up this chicken salad!  I just chunked up everything and threw it in there together and pressed the pulse button about five times, and it was done – 3 cooked boneless chicken breasts, about 1/3 of a big onion, a piece of leftover red bell pepper, 2 stalks of celery, salt & pepper.  After it was mixed up, I added about 1/3 cup mayo and 1/3 cup of light sour cream.  (Next time I’ll use all mayo.  It didn’t have enough mayo flavor to suit me.)

I didn’t even realize until I just now saw this picture that the bowl was perilously close to the edge of the counter and even hanging off a bit.  This is how I make so many messes, people.  I don’t pay attention!

7 comments:

  1. I just looked at the recipe you posted, and I sure hope you didn't use 2 CUPS of sugar in it. ;)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Pammy Sue,
    I love how you put the crochet items as gift wrapping for your Mom's birthday! That is so cute. And...I'm looking forward to seeing the finished projects you are working on. So far they are just lovely. I just finished three grocery bags for my SILs to hold their Hostess Christmas goodies. That's five I've made so far. Two for me and three for them. Today I'm finishing up painting the inside frame of our front door. Little household projects that I should be doing instead of crocheting! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Yeah...that bowl IS close to the edge there. Kind of funny actually. I'm glad it didn't fall off and cause you a bit mess to clean up but it would have made a hilarious photo!

    I love how the food processor grinds up chicken for chicken salad too! I like the texture much better.

    Some variations on chicken salad:
    mayo, pecans, pineapple
    OR mayo, celery, green onions, bell pepper, Mrs. Dash

    That's a couple of my favs. I think Brenda uses red grapes instead of pineapple and that's good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Ana, 2 cups of sugar! Why do you think it's so good and I've made it twice already? Sue me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmm that pumpkin bread sounds good - except for the sugar overload ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pumpkin loaf looks good - I love pumpkin anything. I'm dying for some pumpkin soup. I never had that before.

    That rock looks adorable...what a pretty paper weight or decoration!

    Have a good weekend,
    Doris and Gizzy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥