Wednesday, September 08, 2010

White Rose Pillow

Front


Back


Front & Back

Remember the originals?


I think I got pretty darn close.  My pictures just don't show the squares as well.
Get out your crayolas.  I'm about to tell you where to find the patterns for the squares if you'd like to make one or two (or three or four) for yourself.

I got the front block patterns out of these two books.  For the front, I used a sport weight white yarn, and worsted yarn for the green & pink.  I used an F hook.

200 Crochet Blocks
The Rose Blocks: #51
One of the White Blocks:  #165

Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs
One of the White Blocks:  #96
Two of the White Blocks: #118

The back is made with all worsted yarn and an H hook.  The pattern I used for the back is one of Chris Simon's free patterns called Double-Framed Lace.  You can find it HERE.





I love the way this turned out.  I couldn't be more pleased (unless I had made five of them).  But you can find free patterns to use that would be just as nice if you don't have these books.  I think the Rose Blocks are pretty much exactly what was used on the original pillows I showed you from Ravelry, and I just picked some others that I liked for the rest.

I gave away all the other flower pillows I made, so this one is MINE, MINE, MINE!  I like it best anyway. 

14 comments:

  1. Hello Pammy
    Lovely pillow, I really like the front and LOVE the backside :-)
    The colors is my favouritecolors at this moment to, pink, white and green is so cute, feminine and beautiful.
    Hugs
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very pretty. Great job figuring out the different squares - and thanks for sharing where you got the patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. So clean, fresh and white. Keep those dogs away, please. Glad to see you are back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty!!.. But I still have to get going on my own, from the Grandma's Garden pattern!! YIKES, so much to do, and so little time! The cake in your previous post looks delicious, and I can't wait to try the recipe! Thanks for sharing it! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. They came out so pretty, well done! The colours you used are so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I have that book, but I don't think I am quite ready for it yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I have that book, but I don't think I am quite ready for it yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really wonderful work, Pammy Sue. I just love the colors. It is sooo satisfying when you can duplicate something you've seen that inspired you, just like you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very shabby chic...cottage like...I like

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Pammy! They are stunning! You are so creative and like I've said before fast with that hook. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cushion looks wonderful, what a great job

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! That pillow is BEEEEAUTIFUL!
    You did an amazing job on it too (not that I know anything about your craft..)and I love all the different variety of squares. If this pillow had a "taste", it would be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job and they are wonderfully stylish - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice! i have a crochet book giveaway today
    http://nikisbookreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥