Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Strawberry Cake

Hi there.  One of these days things will get back to normal around here and I’ll be posting daily the way I like to.

Here is the strawberry cake picture after we destroyed it.  It’s kind of a yucky picture.  I forgot to take a picture before we cut it.  And here is the recipe…

DSCF1592

Strawberry Cake
White Cake Mix
1 box Strawberry Jell-O (3-oz)
1 cup Oil
4 Eggs
½ cup Sugar
¼ cup Flour
½ cup Milk
1 cup Frozen Strawberries (thawed, w/juice)

Grease & flour 3 round cake pans (I use Baker’s Joy spray). Set aside.

With electric mixer, combine cake mix, Jell-O, oil, eggs, sugar, flour, milk, and ½ cup of strawberries with juice. Mix on low until well combined, and then on medium-high for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Divide batter among 3 prepared cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.

Note:  I have also made this cake using a 9 x 13 pan, and it works just fine.  Just test it with a toothpick until it’s done.

Strawberry Frosting
1 ½ sticks butter, room temperature
1 ½ lb powdered sugar
½ strawberries w/juice
Mix all with electric mixer and frost the cake. Place in refrigerator until frosting is set. Serve cake at room temperature.

blue flowers divider
It’s raining, raining, raining here, and I love it.  It makes me calm when it rains like this.  I just wish I didn’t have to work and could enjoy it more.

7 comments:

  1. That looks yummy. Did you try the coleslaw recipe??? If so, sure hope everyone liked it. I wish it was raining here, I love rain too. Have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks delicious - a near empty plate is the sign of a good cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! Rain makes me want to bake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I forgot all about those squares. I remember loving the color combo so I can't wait to see what you did.

    Migraine today but we managed to get the work done. BD has taken the car to get the brakes done. Metal on metal...yikes!

    Ghost Hunters tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...wish I had a piece of that yummy looking cake right now.

    I love the rain too and it also calms me, plus it's great to crochet or knit indoors - makes me feel like I'm not missing anything outside ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That cake looks soooo yummy! Thanks for sharing it with us...only wish I could really taste it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥