Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Simple Things


I was still licking my wounds last night after the crocheted wrap debacle so I decided to crochet some simple things.  A few squares later, I had my confidence back.  I didn't frog the wrap yet.  I decided not to make a hasty decision in my anger.  Maybe it can be salvaged one day.  For now it is put away.

You might recognize the squares I made.  The biggest white one is the Circle of Friends square, which is extremely popular and a free pattern that can be found HERE.  The other one is from an afghan pattern I ordered on http://www.epatternscentral.com/

I made the two pretty blue squares from a pattern by the lovely and seemingly always-cheery Shropshire Sue.  Her free pattern is HERE.  I love Sue and wish I had half of her energy!  I'd love to pop across The Pond and have some tea with her and Mr. T some day.

Then today I started a baby blanket for my neighbor.  She's having her fourth baby in a couple of months!  She has three little tow-headed boys right now.  Maybe this one will be a girl.  Since I don't know, I'm making the blanket in a pretty sparkly peach color.  I sometimes babysit her boxer, Mojo.  Somebody else can take the kids!

Y'all have a lovely rest of the day!

6 comments:

  1. Lots of great projects Pammy Sue. I love making baby blankets since it makes you all warm and fuzzy thinking about a baby while you are crocheting. Also, the size is just perfect. Love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish I had your ambition! I'm scared to even try the Bernat challenge as I don't know if I can keep up and you have all these projects going @ once! I take my hat off to you! Of course... I can't wait to see your new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh everything is sooo pretty! Did you finish that ripple yet? Cannot wait to see that one completed...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to comment yesterday on your wrap but ran out of time.

    I have done that twice now and like you I have put them away to do something else with later. I saw them both last night as I was segregating my yarn into colors, and I thought of you. One was a blanket that I had started for my sister...I think this will end up being a wrap. And the other was the yarn bag pattern by Lucy at Attic24. I think I messed up somewhere but don't know where because it's pretty straight forward. It's not the shape it should be. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you soo much for ur comment on my blog! I love ur two white squares...sooo beautiful:)
    kisses

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥