Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sammi the K-9

Thanks for all the mandala love.  Y'all go over to Crochet with Raymond.  Alice has the tutorial for the Granna Mandala in her sidebar.  Thank you, Alice, for the wonderful tut and mandala addiction!



I'd like to introduce you to The Captain's new K-9 partner...



Sammi!  Hee-hee.
She is so black, it's hard to get a good picture of her.
Excuse the robot eyes.


Here's a closer one, but you can't see the police car.
Oh well.  We tried!

Sammi and I went out to visit The Captain Sunday night.
(That's Officer Sammi to you.)
He forgot his cell phone so we delivered it to him.



Who wants roast for supper?
You'd better hurry and get it in the crock pot.  It takes 8 hours.  But you can crochet mandalas all day while it cooks!



I got this recipe here:  Sister's Cafe
They have the best recipes over there.

This was the first time I'd tried this 4-Packet Roast Recipe.
It's a keeper.  So easy!

I used already-peeled baby carrots.
Added a cut-up onion.
1 cup of water.

After the roast was done, I strained the juices into a saucepan.
Added about 1 1/2 cups water mixed with 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch.
Heated until it was thickened and added black pepper.
No salt.  The packets have plenty of salt.

Mmm...roast gravy.

I went the easy route with the mashed potatoes.
Country Crock...just heat in the microwave in a glass bowl.
Whisk in a dab of butter (or three).
Nobody will know.  I won't tell.
Hide the package in the bottom of the trashcan.

You are the BEST COOK EVER!


11 comments:

  1. Already on the list for the store. Yum... I better get crackin' if I'm going to get this one in today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM. That looks so easy!! I live for easy recipes, esp for the Crock Pot!!

    Will be trying this one out, for sure. Just in time for the welcome cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE te the carrots and onion in with the roast beef, but, next time, could you put some potatoes in it for me . . . I think I only make roast beef so the carrots, potatoes and onions get the beef flavor . . . I can eat a plate of them and leave the beef for everyone else :0}

    \0/ paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something is definitely in the air. The crockpots are a cookin! I've got chicken in mine today but next time I'll try your recipe...sounds delicious and looks really tender.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! That roast looks soooo good!
    I love those little twinkling stars too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can smell that from here... YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sammi is the cutest police mascot ever!

    I'll have to try this someday when it cools down here. I love roast with potatoes so I'd put some of those in.

    Your mandalas are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Officer Sammi is adorable!!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute.. can you say that to an officer? LOl Sammi is gorgeous..
    The recipe would go down a treat in this house.. I love one pot food..leaves the rest of the day for me.. thanks :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know Sammi is a police dog, but she looks so sweet!

    That is a hearty meal for a hungry man! Wow!

    Used to eat beef, not anymore, but still remember how good it tasted in a roast!

    Have a wonderful day ...now that you made me hungry ;-)


    With Love,
    Doris and Gizzy, who DOES like beef!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I printed out the recipe and will make it next week when my inlaws come to visit. I think we'll all love it. Making the suggested sour cream mashed potatoes too. Carrots will go in with the roast. I just love pot roast and can't make worth a **** so if I can make this I will be very very happy =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥