Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Crochet Thingy

Rose Ripple Potholder
(Kinda-Sorta)

This is supposed to be a potholder, but it's just a kitchen decoration if you ask me.  That flower sticks up too much and it's not thick enough for it to be much use as a potholder or hotpad.  So it's useless, but pretty.  The free pattern is HERE.  I only used this pattern through round 7 (the green rounds) and then did two white rounds like I normallly do a round ripple pattern.  I think it looks better than the pattern.  Also, I think I was supposed to do one more round of the flower, which would have made that part bigger.  I didn't realize it until I already had the green rounds done.

Ghost Hunters tonight.  Yipee!  I'm a nerd. 

Oh, and Ghost Adventurers' new season starts Friday night on the Travel Channel.  Those guys are goofy, but I like them, especially Aaron the camera guy.  He's a scardy-cat and just says, "Oh my God!" the whole time.  Ha-ha.  Zac is the "lead guy" and is super-melodramatic but entertaining.  Nick is the third guy and he's the only normal one.

Okay, blah, blah.  I'm outta here.

12 comments:

  1. I thought you were working. Where do you find the time. Are your pants on fire again. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty though, Pammy Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thinking that you could use it as a top for a mason jar or something similar with ribbon through it? As I said before, it really is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about making just the background and joining the two together? I always make a front and a back for my potholders. even though they have holes like this one, I don't get burnt . . . and when used as hot pads I have yet to had any problems with too much heat on the table top.

    I agree with you on the flower . . to puffy to be useful. This is one of those things you give to someone else who thinks it is great . . . until they try to use it.

    LOLOL

    \0/ paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Nice!!! But what is it??? A decoration maybe? You could put that on some of your Christmas Presents instead of a bow.

    susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of a scottish thistle actually :) very pretty!

    http://damselinadirtydress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm ..yes I like Ghost Hunters too...But...lately G and J havent been finding much of anything. Sometimes at the end when they are in the van driving away from the haunt...I give the Assistant the fist to fist (way to go) like J and G. do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Done is thread it could be put together to make a beautiful table topper, don't you think? If you want to give that a try, I'd be happy to put it on MY table to show it off. Tee Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Destination Truth tonight. Don't know if I'll make it though. I have a terrible cold...Waaaaaaaa
    I want my mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this potholder I can see it also made into an afghan I love the design and colors you used. Hope all is well with you. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am snagging this pattern. Thanks. your work is always so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥