Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What's Happening Here

Not a whole lot, really, but here goes...

Here's what I've been working on the last few days.  I haven't spent a lot of time on it because I've had work to do during the day part of the time, but it is the only thing I've worked on.


This is the Bernat shawl pattern that I linked to a couple of days ago.  It's slower-going with this thin yarn than it would be with worsted, but I think it'll be worth it when I'm finished.  I'm pretty sure I'm not doing the decreases correctly at each end, but it looks okay.  As long as I'm consistently doing it wrong, it should come out okay!  I think once I get the border on it, you won't be able to tell anyway (I hope).  I do need to figure out what the correct way to do it is though.  I was just too far into it when I decided what I was doing was wrong.



Closer view of the stitch pattern.



Did I say I hadn't worked on anything else?  Well, I did make this flower on Sunday if that counts.  I made it with baby yarn and sewed the button to the middle.  I need some prettier buttons.

*******************************

We got some thunderstorms yesterday evening, and it was wonderful.  I really enjoyed hearing the rain and thunder.  We ended up getting just over a half an inch according to our rain gauge.  It's nice to get a nice rain like that for the lawn after 17 days of straight 100+ temps.  It looks like it could bust out storming again at any minute this morning, but so far it's just clouds.

Okay, I've gotta get back to work.  Hope you're having a good week.

9 comments:

  1. So, this is what you have been up to. It's looking great. Love the flower, too. Where is that going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It looks delicate and ohh soo pretty. The flower is very nice too. Have a good week. Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you all do tha 100 degree temp. thing. I bet your dogs hate going outside to even use the restroom....When does it get cooler?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It should start cooling off (at night) mid to late October. But it'll still be in the 80s and maybe 90s some days. It's been 80 degrees on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas before. It's not unusual. If we get any snow at all, it won't be until usually Jan. or Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, not using the flower for anything. I was just messin' around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project is really coming along. I bet it will be fine at the end. Very dainty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the shawl..even the color! The flower is real cute, but you are right about a prettier button. It would just make it! Of course, you know me...I'd want a rhinestone button...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found some of the CUTEST buttons on eBay. They remind me of the cute buttons they have at joann'e but so much cheaper . . if you are interested, let me know and I will send you the URL for the page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Pammy Sue,

    i have another "present" for you, please look her and grab it: http://meggi1908.blogspot.com/2010/08/ich-wurde-ausgezeichnet.html

    Many smiles send you,
    Annika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥