Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday Hodgepodge

DSCF1548
I made these two squares last night.  I used the “invisible join” method on one of the squares for each round.  Can you tell which one?  I think it’s obvious and well worth the extra time it took to do it.  (The purple one is the invisible join one.  Look on the right side of the orange one and it’s obvious where each round ended.)  I used Sarah London’s method which you can find HERE.
I have no idea if I’m going to make these squares into anything yet, but they would make a pretty afghan.  You can find the free pattern HERE.
DSCF1547
Poems Sock Yarn
I had heard this yarn was discontinued, but I loved it when I saw it and found a couple of skeins on eBay.  There were two left when I bought these.  The colors are all browns, but it’s not showing up quite right in the above picture.  I don’t know what I’ll make with it, but I’m sure I’ll find something.
DSCF1545
This is a really crappy picture.  So sorry.  I wanted to show you my new full-spectrum lamp I bought at Big Lots.  I love it.  I’ve needed a new lamp for a long time.  The one I was using was being held together by white trash duct tape.  It was very classy-looking in my living room.  This is my crochet area during the day.  Pardon the mess.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pattern and photos. You just have to have a good lamp. I use one of the natural daylight ones which also helps with photos sometimes when the lighting will not cooperate for one reason or another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't keep up with you. Where do you find the time. You know I will head off to check out the patterns. Nice to see just where you sit. Great new lamp. Isn't amazing how we could careless what are area in the living room looks like. As long as we are comfortable.

    GB

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's seamless joining is the cooliest thing I've learned in a while. Don't you just love Sara and her pictures. Gotta run there is a monarch out my window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I like those two squares. Would they make good coasters? If so, I'll order some from you and pick them up on my next visit. (I can pay you before that though.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can definitely tell a difference. Both squares turned out beautiful!

    LoL...if homeschooling two boys hasn't taught me anything else, it's taught me that comfort beats "perfection" any day!

    Glad you're enjoyin' your new light. :o)

    Blessings,
    Anita ♥
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
    aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lamplight is super. I have to go to Big Lots, oh wait it's not open yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the join method, thanks for sharing the link. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥