Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday Evenin'

I started THIS shawl this morning.  I'm using all white Drops Safron yarn.  It's 100% Egyptian cotton and a much thinner yarn than the suggested Bernat Satin, so I'm using a G hook and chained 253 to start instead of 201.  It's big, and I like it.  What's up with those Egyptians and cotton anyway?  Why is their cotton any better than Texas cotton or any other cotton?  I know it's supposedly softer, but why?  I think that's a question for Google to me.  And here's the answer.

I also put two more rounds on my Circular Shawl today.  I think just two more rounds and then I'll do the sleeves which shouldn't take long.  I guess there's no hurry since it's 100+ for the 15th day in a row here, but I would like to get it done.

Do you know how bored I am?  I'm watching a Scooby-Doo movie.  I'm not really watching or listening to it though.  I'm still trying to adjust to Barnaby's new work schedule.  I miss him.  I just realized yesterday that this mystery illness I've had started the same time his new schedule did.  I think it's all in my head and I'm just depressed.  Ya think?  Don't answer that.  I'm just musing.

What I really need is a life outside of this house, but that ain't gonna happen.  I have no desire for it, even though I know it would be good for me.

Okay, blah, blah, blah.  Bye-bye.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pammy Sue - I've done my share of Scooby Doo too, or actually just about anything that happens to be playing. Only for the noise mind you. Take care sweetest Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it was the schedule, but didn't say anything. Another shawl, oh, my, do you actually wear all these or just look at them, like I do my blankets. Can't wait to see the real thing.

    Anyways, I'm in what I call Twisted Sister H.LL all day today. I made up some ripple stitch with all FPDCs, yuck. Please Brown, Olive and Greens, not my cup of tea, but at least time throwing in some Teals. It's wild, but not going as fast as I like....

    So, it's Scooby-Do that I hear on down in the Man Cave all day. And a chuckle or two thrown in every once in a while. Is he going to be watching cartoons till Wednesday A.M.

    Well, quitting for now, as those FPDC will kill a good wrist.

    Glad to see you picked up the hook and are back to your old self.

    I need to think about combing my hair tomorrow, and I may even wash it.

    Don't we have an exciting life...NOT...

    G.B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what would be great for you... a trip to visit your blog girls... hee hee

    Oh the trouble we could get ourselves into...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Pammy Sue, I notice that I (as well as others I know well) get sick when they've had a loss or what seems like a loss of some kind to them. Could be anything from a death of pets or persons down to getting a parking ticket (loss of money). I noticed it allot with my kids when they were younger; upsets in school, with BFs and GFs remember that? I know I can get sick from a "loss" of security when I fight with my husband and right now it's not going so good with us. I'm just sayin...maybe it's a loss of time together? Change can be a bitch!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥