Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pineapple & Popcorn

DSCF1564

I made this earlier this afternoon.  I can’t wait to try it.  It smells heavenly.

Pineapple Soufflé

  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 6 pieces of bread torn into pieces
  • 4 eggs
  • 20-oz can crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray an 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray or coat with butter. 

Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.  Add eggs one at a time and beat between additions.  Mix in torn bread and drained pineapple by hand.  Pour into prepared pan, sprinkle with brown sugar, and bake uncovered 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.  Let cool and serve at room temperature.

Slow progress…

DSCF1568

DSCF1569

10 comments:

  1. Yum! The souffle looks wonderful! You're making good progress on the pink popcorn thingy, considering all the work you must have to do to get that effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pammy Sue!

    That souffle looks good!!! Thanks for the recipe!!! Paul loved pineapple...:-)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks wonderful!! Hey, I thought I had you on my blogroll, but I guess I didn't. But I do now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! The afghan is coming along nicely! Love that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! I am so gonna try that souffle! yummy! Very cool Popcorn ripple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum is right! I have to say though, sleepy eyed and scrolling down your post I was anxious to read what in the heck you could have whipped up that had pineapple and popcorn in it.
    The ripple is really, really nice. I'm awake now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pinapple souffle... I make it during the holidays... yours if very pretty!

    Hope you are well... I just finshed a three day stretch, with one off then two more on... not to mention that they were the WORST three nights of my career... YUK!

    Hows the pups? Love your new project... my very first afgan was a zig zag that my great aunt crocheted for me when I was still in utero... I still have it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pineapple souffle :D) Looks yummy..... Your pink popcorn ripple looks fun too! Enjoy a wonderful week Pammy Sue.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. That souffle look might good. And oh, am I loving that pattern on you new project. I think I might have to do this next.

    Long hot weepie weekend here. Will be quiet for a few day unless I can pull up those boot straps quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Crap Pammy Sue, That souffle looks dee-stinkin-lish. You always have the best recipes. Back when you posted the Asian Salad recipe, I printed it out.... and finally made it yesterday!!(I had to wait until I had the right people over who I knew would like that sort of thing) Yes, it is chopping, slicing, dicing hell....but such heaven to eat!! Have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥