Sunday, August 08, 2010

No Crochet 4 Me

Creamy Lemon Pasta with Veggies

  • 2  teaspoons  olive oil
  • 4  garlic cloves, minced
  • 3  cups  half-and-half, warmed
  • Zest and juice from 4 lemons
  • 2  teaspoons  salt
  • 2  teaspoons  pepper
  • 24  ounces corkscrew pasta
  • 2  pounds  trimmed asparagus
  • 1/2  cup  freshly grated Parmesan
  • 2  pints cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2  lemons
  • Warm olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in warmed half-and-half, zest and juice from 4 lemons, salt and pepper. Bring cream mixture to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta until al dente, according to package label directions. Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour cream mixture on pasta and cook over medium-low heat, stirring, for 3 minutes. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces and steam in microwave; fold into pasta mixture with freshly grated Parmesan and halved cherry tomatoes. Cut 2 lemons in half, then into 1/4-inch slices. Remove seeds. Add lemon slices to pasta and toss until all ingredients are well combined. Serve hot.  Serves 8.

    Sound good, huh?  I saw this recipe in All You magazine and cut it out.  I haven’t tried it yet, but I plan to.

    I’ll probably use broccoli in addition to the asparagus for more veggies, and I’ll most likely half this since it makes so much.  I wonder if fat-free half & half would work?  Don’t see why not.

    ******************************

    I didn’t touch a crochet hook yesterday, although I wanted to.  My arm was feeling just fine all day so it was hard to make myself leave it alone.  I’m really glad I didn’t though, because by about 6:00, my right arm was hurting so bad.  Makes me wonder if it wasn’t the crocheting after all, but my neck/back thing again.  Please no.  It still hurts this morning, but not quite as bad as last night.  I guess I’ll lay off the crocheting again today and see what happens.

    I found another Granny Circle tutorial yesterday if you’re interested.  I’m not sure what the difference is.  You can see it HERE.

    ******************************

    I need coffee and some Tylenol.  Have a great Sunday.  Crochet a row for me since I can’t!  Boo-hoo.

    8 comments:

    1. You know I'm saving this one for you. I'll try and crochet a row today and finish up my C of F, but I'm in the same boat with the arms this morning.

      Kate

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi Pammy Sue, thanks for linking to my pattern! I saw in my referrals your name, so thought I'd come and say hello...
      sad to hear that you're sore! I get really sore in my left shoulder, right under the blade if I overdo it with the knitting! It sucks! Feel better soon XX

      ReplyDelete
    3. Its Crochetitis Pammy Sue - a lot of it about I am afraid - there is no cure apart from giving crochet a rest - as I know from experience am only just getting back to the hook gently again!!!!! The pasta looks great though! Hope you are feeling better soon.

      ReplyDelete
    4. thanks for the "shawl/jacket" help. Now, to find colors I like . . or settle on a few. LOL

      paula

      ReplyDelete
    5. I hope you feel loads better soon! Hopefully after a little rest you will be much revived. Take care of yourself. Oh yes, that lemony pasta recipe looks appetizing.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I hope your arm gets better. Know what you mean, I have a bad time with my right arm and so far have decided it can't be the crocheting. I really hope it can't be.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Yum, that lemon pasta sounds good, I may have to give it a try. Sorry you can't crochet, it makes me nuts when I can't.

      ReplyDelete
    8. I have this really great idea....

      Move to Indiana! GB, too!

      So we can chat and laugh and crochet... and COOK in person!

      Bittersweet to have new friends so far away... Blogs are fun... but the real thing is so much sweeter.

      Glad to know you, albeit online... and I love your posts... especially about yarn and food!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥