Thursday, August 05, 2010

I'm a Copycat

I failed to mention yesterday exactly where on Flickr I got the inspiration for my Groovy Granny Shawl.  Go see Dawn's shawls on her blog HERE.  Thanks for inspiring me, Dawn.  Your shawls are gorgeous!

I'm not sure what I'm going to work on today.  I'm going to poke around theblogland and the Web a bit and see what's going on.  I made a couple of small white squares last night out of THIS BOOK.  I think they are the same as the squares I saw on Marilyn's blog, or at least they're very similar.  Her pillow is so pretty.  Keep scrolling down to see the doily mat she made with them too.  I couldn't join them as I crocheted the last row and make them look right, so I just made them separately for now.  Maybe I'll figure it out with a fresh brain today.

Someday I will have an original thought.  Ha-ha.  But you know what they say.  "Imitation is the purest form of flattery," or something like that.

What I really NEED to do is clean out my closet.  Ugh.  It's a huge mess right now, and it makes me anxious when I walk in there for anything.  I'm going to have to get hyped-up on caffeine and just start heaving everything out of there that I've just thrown in piles that have grown and grown.  How does that happen?  And there are shoes everywhere.  Bleh.  I can't even think about it right now.  I'll just shut the door and pretend it doesn't exist for a little while longer.

See ya later.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for those groovy links, Pam. Yours is still the grooviest. Have fun in the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Pammy Sue...
    I just saw a comment, from Posy Linda, on my blog and from what she said, I came over here to find your very kind compliment. Thank you!!!
    I actually made that block from a Japanese book. I didn't know there was one in the book you mentioned!!! I'll have to look for it.
    Good luck with the closet cleaning.....that's what I should be doing too!
    Marilyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book is right at the top of my 'books I must have' list. I need it!

    Thanks for the links as well, I may have to make a granny scarf, too.

    So many projects, so little time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't want to say anything. I had seen Dawn's and thought of hers. Sometimes those linkie just get away from us. BUT, I'm going to be a DAWN/PAMMY Copycat next in line. My mind is already thinking about all those varigated balls in my stash. Plus, I need an easie-peasie after this last C of Fs. On the border now.. finally.

    My recommendation is clean it out. You remember we had a dumpster and made about 16 trip to GoodWill when we re-did our closet. You will soooooooo much better when things are out of the house and gone. And the best thing yet is at our age, we can't even remember what we let go. So, go for it, it's amazing how good you will feel when all said and done.

    Now, if I can just get to the denist and drive right pass H.L., which is on the way, I will be fine.

    Hope to post tonight or tomorrow and be back in the swing again.

    Toodles,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....speaking of "pillows"......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥