Wednesday, July 28, 2010

With Time on My Hands


Easy Potato Sausage Soup
Recipe HERE

We were pretending it was fall already yesterday and I made soup for dinner.  It was really good.  Hubby says it's a keeper and I agree.  I left out the green pepper because I didn't have any, and I halved the recipe for us.

Next!


I made this little doo-hickey yesterday.  It was fun for a change.  Don't ask me where I got the pattern (chart only) because I forgot to write it down and I don't have a clue.  Sorry.  It was just a chart anyway, and you can pretty much do it by looking at this picture if you're so inclined.  I can't decide on a border for it.

Next!


I started a shawl about an hour ago.  This is not a good picture, but I don't want you to see it really well anyway until it's done.  (That piece of dark yarn is just a stitch marker.)  It's a free pattern I'll link to when I show you the finished shawl.

I also bought a shawl pattern on Ravelry for $2, but decided against making it with any of the yarn I have.  I want to make it a solid color.

I am SO THRILLED that our work has finally slowed down and I have time to actually think about cooking and baking and crocheting more!  It's been really rough these last few months having little free time and big-time stress.  So I've been doing happy dance all around my house yesterday and today everytime I realize how relieved I am and good I feel.  The dogs just look at me like I'm crazy.  I'm so glad they can't talk because they see some seriously silly stuff out of me.

Hubby goes to his new job assignment and schedule next Wednesday.  That will be a huge adjustment for both of us.  Should be interesting to see how things settle in around here.

I'll talk at y'all again tomorrow.  Bye!

11 comments:

  1. Mr. S. is a huge soup fan, so I will have to give that recipe a try. I sure wish these kittens would sleep more, as I'd like to get some crocheting done... LOL Mr. S. is on a weird schedule too right now... it bothers me having him home during the day when I'm trying to get stuff done, but I won't tell him that!! Glad your work has slowed down and you can get back to doing things you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shawl! I've already made a shawl like this. I love this pattern :) This kind of yarn is warms my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. C.Council Thursday....Guest Speaker/new member....Will be discussing the new glow in the dark hook scandal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your work has slowed down to a level that allows you more creative time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since that soup looks so yummy and it has hubby's fav ingredients I am off to get the recipe - Thanks

    Love the look of the new shawl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pammy Sue: I enjoyed reading your post. That soup looks yummmmmy! Thanks for the link. The doo-hickey heart looks fun. Sometimes its a nice change to work with thread from yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The soup looks yummy! I will have to try your receipe. Luv the color of your new yarn! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The soup recipe looks good and I have all the ingredients so I might have to try it.

    Thanks,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. pssssssst...Dont u think A24 talks alot about her stupid Granny Stripe balnket

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to check out this recipe. I have Turkey Sausage and Kraut in the frig for the crockpot, but this looks delish. Looks like we have CCC tonight. Tried to Skype you just now... I don't think I can be on too long as I have to do major watering tonight. It's our day.

    Love both above. The lace thing looks challenging. And a stitch marker...icks...I may not be ready for that yet. Love the way the yarn is working up.

    So, with the new schedule, does that mean Barney is home all day and in your hair. The thought of that happening here would put me in major panic mode. Sometimes, I can barely get through those long weekend inside. Why oh Why do they all of a sudden need all this attention. Jealous, that's what I'm thinking.

    Keep up the great work. It's always such a pleasure to see what you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To: Pammy Sue From: Linda Sue
    I am honored to have received a visit from the serenely mysterious Pammy Sue. Posy Artemis and I welcome you back anytime.... we love mystery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥