Saturday, July 24, 2010

Linky-Lou Saturday

I just made my TWINKIE CAKE and got it in the fridge, now go make yours!  (I only made half.)  You can give me a hug later.  No baking in this dreadful heat!

I don't go to Pioneer Woman's blog much anymore, but she has a list of recipes on her blog today.  GO CHECK THEM OUT.  Several of them look really yummy!

THIS WEBSITE is kind of funny.  The captions have given me a few giggles.  Thanks, Boon Pappy!

I'm loving my NOOK.  I'm quite happy with it.  And just for shits and giggles, go to BARNES & NOBLE and click on the "see details" link next to their coupons on this page to see what you CAN'T buy with them.  Good Lord, what's the point in having a coupon at all??  Why don't they just put some books on sale and be done with it?  *Hate*

Lots of FREE DOILY Patterns!

*************************************

I obviously have not found any inspiration yet.  I hope you get something out of the links here today.  I tried.

On the crochet front, I'm still making circles and I'm not sick of them yet.  I went to Hobby Lobby today and got more variegated colors because I ran out.  I love the Vanna's Choice yarn.  The circles are so soft and squishy and thick made with it.  This is going to be a warm blanket.

Love from my heart to yours.  Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! Your twinkie cake is similar to a banana split cake I make! Vanna's Choice is one of my favorite yarns too! She has a wonderful color selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A long time ago, I made a cheesecake for a party...since there were so many desserts, half of it was left over...the next day with hubby at work, and me working around the house...I ate a sliver...later, another, and before I knew it, there as 1 piece left. I figured hubby would wonder what happened to the cake and I thought "burglers" but knew that would fail....so I baked another, and ate half, leaving half so he'd be none the wiser. DOH~! Only kidding. :)

    Those circles will get to you soon enough, I promise. I find the Vanna yarn to be quite thick and cushiony...and good for baby blankets. I like when it is on sale. Take care, D

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm a squishy circle blanket

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm..that twinkie cake sounds illegal in some ways ...Glad your back. Hope you are well ...DebbieM. has a guest speaking routine planned for council...Something about how learning to crochet has changed her life....geeesh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥