Sunday, July 11, 2010

Busy Bee

Yes, I was a busy bee this morning...

I made Blueberry Refrigerator Jam

And...

Friendship Coffee

And now, because I love you, I will share with you how I made them.

The Friendship Coffee idea was found HERE.
The label link didn't work, but I emailed her and she was nice enough to send them to me.  I'll send them to you if you ask me, and I'm sure she'd do the same.  I slightly altered the recipe, adding more cinnamon & nutmeg.

Here's the recipe I used:

Friendship Coffee

1 cup instant coffee
2 cups Nestle Quick
2 cups powdered creamer
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups sugar

Mix everything together in a big bowl and combine well.  Divide into jars, label with instructions, and give them away.  Be sure to keep some for yourself!

Now for the Blueberry Jam...

Place blueberries (I used fresh), sugar, and lemon jello in a medium saucepan.
(Recipe with quantities below.)

Heat on medium-low, stirring constantly to avoid burning the sugar.  It will seem dry, but avoid the temptation to add water.  The sugar will melt and some of the blueberries will pop creating plenty of liquid before long.  You can mash them up as it's heating if you want.

When the sugar melts, it will look like this.  Keep stirring and turn up the heat to medium-high.  Bring to a boil and let it boil for 2 minutes.

The instructions didn't say to do this, but I didn't want big hunks of blueberries in mine, so I used my hand blender and blended up the blueberries.  You can mash them with a fork or potato masher too if you don't have a hand blender.

Then I laid out newspaper on the counter so I didn't stain it, filled the jars and labeled them, and put them in the refrigerator to set-up.
Note:  This only made four cups of jam so you might want to double it.  It's REALLY good.  I expected it to be good, but not THIS GOOD.  YUM.

Refrigerator Blueberry Jam

4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (2 pints)
2 cups sugar
1 (3-oz) box lemon flavored gelatin

In a medium saucepan, combine all three ingredients.  Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and let boil for 2 minutes.  Pour into jars and refrigerate.

Bye!

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of you domestic ability.
    I hate you... jk, you know I really love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you HAVE been a busy bee. Both of those sound really good. I've been a lazy slob today, got up for a few hours, then went back and took a nap!! I need to go to the store, so let's hope I get a burst of energy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy all the way around. Right now our cherries and raspberries are in season. I'm thinking it's time for some refrigerator jam out of them too. (BTW did you see my favorite bag in yesterday's post?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it all looks so good and sweet. I am glad you were able to print off the labels at last. I wonder what it is with that google document. I am happy to send out a document to anyone who needs it. Your blog is so sweet. I think I will stick around for a while and read. Have a sweet and peaceful Sunday afternoon. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jam sounds wonderful, I love blueberries. Your chain lace scarf is beautiful ... love the colors. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the "Friendship coffee" - I'm going to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Afternon!!!
    We're watchinng the Reds play and I'm ALSO reading the blogs...:-) Later I'llbe making trhe blueberry jam AND the Friendship coffee!!!

    They both look great! (I also added that blog to my list. Looks like she has great stuff!!!

    Thank You!!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. These BOTH sound good Pammy! I'd like to do the Friendship Coffee for Christmas gifts, but I'm going to watch for sales on the blueberries and would LOVE to try the jam recipe too!.. This weekend I made hummus for the first time! I LOVE it! (Dear Daughter gave me the recipe.. She thinks she's going to get me to start eating HEALTHY! I told her I'll eat more apples as long I can eat them with my favorite apple dip! (probably not so healthy, but oh so yummy!) Today I'm eating the hummus with a half a bag of pretzyls, so I don't know how healthy THAT is either, but... well, it's a start! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmm.....this might be a good idea for Christmas give-aways at Bunco!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great ideas! I'm not a coffee person myself but it would be great for Christmas gifts! Now the blueberry jam is a different story! It sounds yummy! And a great gift idea as well! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you were quite the busy one today. Glad to have you back in the swing of things. Both, are very delish looking and cute to boot.

    Me I took a long nap this afternoon.... much better now.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the recipes. I have recently become addicted to blueberry jam, so I am filing this one away. I might need to grow a blueberry bush too

    ReplyDelete
  14. The friendship coffee sounds wonderful. I'm a coffee junkie and this just might hit the spot! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You were busy...I love the coffee idea for gifts

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's good to know, I found that recipe while searching the Internet for a blueberry jam that doesn't require a canner since I don't have one (and really don't want one)...I'm going to make it in the next couple of days since I have so many blueberries this year.

    Thanks and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good MOrning!!!

    I made the BlueBerry Jam last night... EXCEPT I made it to use as an Ice Cream TOPPING!!!
    So I didn't mash the berries too much. I'll have to post the finished product on my blog later today!!! ( In the morning I just answer other blogs..:-) )

    Thanks Again!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pammy Sue (aka, The Busy Bee), The hubby is a blueberry freak and would love this jam. Maybe I'll make it for his birthday. Sounds delish with lemon and easy, too.

    Love the scarf and the color is stunning. 4 hours!!! How do you do it so fast!!!??? You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh blueberry's! not in season yet here, have to get frozen ones..hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh. Thanks for sharing! Great recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥