Sunday, July 25, 2010

Books & Hooks


I'm reading this book and it's FANTASTIC!
It's exactly what I wanted.
It gripped me from the first page.
Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet
My latest crochet book purchase.
Worth every penny!

AND...

This is what I've been working on all day:
Yes, I jumped on the Granny Stripes bandwagon.

I wasn't going to make one, but I kept seeing everyone else's really beautiful blankets, and I just had to.  I decided to use more pastel-ish colors for a change...not usually my bag, but I like it.  The colors look much more vibrant in this picture than they do in person.  The colors are much softer than they show here.

So now I'm working on three blankets at the same time.  It's making things go very slowly, but I'm in no hurry.  What's the fun in hurrying?

Hubby is whining for some dinner.  I think we'll have eggs of some type.  Eggs are always good.  Hope you had a nice Sunday.

12 comments:

  1. I made a granny stripe scarf. But I really struggled with it laying flat. That is what swayed me off of the afghan.

    That book looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your Granny Stripes. Come payday, I am shopping for yarn to start my Granny Stripe blanket as well. I love Lucy's idea.

    I am so nutty, I keep several projects running, and will pick up a couple-hour project in-between as well. Multi-tasking, I guess, in the extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect. I'm looking for a new book. Finally finish The Passage this afternoon. Love the beginning, not the middle and just OK ending, but over all pretty good.

    Wow, Nice Grannie Stripe. Fun and new colors for you my friend.

    Off to do the dishes. Been shopping and cooking all day. Considering we had a box of Mac and Cheese for dinner last night, it needed to be done. Not one picture this weekend. Better get cracking tomorrow.

    56 circles done too, maybe I'll have to do a WIP tomorrow or Tuesday.

    Now, why didn't I think of eggs last night.

    Toodles,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Doctor's Book is on my amazon.com wishlist! Glad someone I 'know' is reading it and it isn't sucking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    Love the blanket! I wish I could find Granny Stripinmg pattern. The only one I can fion is U.K. I don't understand that one.

    Anyway... you blanket is pretty! It's about time to start on blankets / afghans.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the book recommendation :) I'll add it to my list

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to have the encyclopedia. I wrote it down so I won't forget. I tried the granny stripe. I had a hard time with the ends so I stopped and tore it apart. :o( Yours is really pretty. I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will keep this book in mind for the future... I actually have taken a break from reading so I do more crafting! I too will one day soon jump on the granny stripe wagon! I bought the yarn but haven't started it yet! Your looks great, I luv the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Pammy Sue! Love your granny stripe blanket.

    Donna: Go to Attic24's blog. She has the granny stripe pattern and if you still have problems find us on Ravelry under We Love Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the new afghan you started. I've been wanting to make one too! This weekend I saw the granny stitch used this way except in a ripple pattern. Now I'm torn as to which I want to make! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the softer colours are working very nicely together, looks great

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥