Thursday, June 17, 2010

Food & More Food

Blueberry-Banana Cream Pie!

First the pictures...
Line the pie plate...
Fill with half the filling.  Layer on the blueberries and bananas...
Top with the rest of the filling.
Decorate as desired.

I hope this tastes as good as it looks!
It's in the fridge waiting for dessert time tonight.

Blueberry-Banana Cream Pie

2 pkg (3 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup cold water
1 pkg (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
2 medium bananas, sliced
2 tsp lemon juice
Vanilla wafers
1 cup fresh blueberries

Line the sides and bottom of a deep-dish pie plate with vanilla wafers.  Pour the whipping cream into a bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.  Set aside.  In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, water, and pudding mix until smooth.  Fold in the whipped cream with a spatula.

Fill the pie plate with half of the filling mixture.  Slice bananas and toss with the lemon juice.  Place a layer of blueberries and all of the bananas over the filling.   Top with the rest of the filling mixture.  Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.  Decorate as desired.
I fried some squash from my sister's garden for part of our dinner last night.  It was so freakin' good.  It tasted so buttery.  YUM.  Of course it was good...it was fried!

In case you were wondering, this is why I've gained weight, people.  I love to cook and bake.  Oh, and then I like to eat it.

11 comments:

  1. I wish I liked to bake and cook but not eat. It would be a big help with the weight problems here too. UGH! Why is butter so fattening? Your dessert looks yummy. How can it not be as good as it looks with those ingredients. MMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your reason for weight gain is exactly the same as mine - I like food - all of it unfortunately!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pammy Sue: Oh man that pie looks great! I love to cook and bake also..Its very Theraputic for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me really miss home! I'm originally from the South and I can't remember the last time I had fried squash! At first I thought it was fried green tomatoes...even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect... I just linked to this one. I'm coming for dessert tonight. I'll need some later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that dessert looks awesome! Please let us know how it is, although I have no doubt it will be really good! Off topic, weren't you looking for a round pillow form awhile back? Cuz I saw some today at my local Jo-Anns.. think they were 16" round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will you be my mom? No really... will you be my mom?

    Loved me some fried squarsh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so GOOD!!.. And as for calories, I know I'M not having as easy a time burning them off as I used to.. I have to laugh though.. I've always been so skinny, that aside from pregnancies, this is probably the healthiest I've ever looked!.. Well, of course I'm STILL fighting, kicking and screaming against the inevitable lines and wrinkles, attacking them with every face cream I can afford!.. But overall, I try not to get TOO overwhelmed. I just take things one day at a time, as best I can, baking and enjoying all the yummy cookies and cakes I can find the time to along the way!.. Let us know how you liked that pie! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. uhhhh....YUM!
    The pie looks delightful. I think I could do it.
    The paint I bought for the kitchen was a ......fizzle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fruit...Veges....Cream Cheese...Sounds like a balanced diet to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥