Sunday, June 27, 2010

Box Stitch Scarf





Click on the pics for a bigger view...

This isn't my favorite, but it was super-quick.  I made it yesterday using one skein of Wool Ease (162 yards) and only had a few inches left.

I used the link HERE to get this free pattern.  I chained 130 to begin and used an I hook.  Next time I will use a smaller hook so the holes are smaller, but then you'd have to chain more to begin.  Figure your starting chain by multiples of 4.  (I used the instructions for the border on that first page with the sage afghan on it.)

I started out making this into an afghan because I have four skeins of this yarn that I got on clearance online at least a year ago.  When the dyeing of the yarn didn't come out a color to match this yesterday, I decided I didn't have enough for an afghan and just made it into a scarf.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Pam, I like it. Love the color of the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. That would be a fun stitch for a blanket too. I'll have to keep this in mind. You are right I probably wouldn't have mixed in the dyed with this one. But, I still like the color of that a lot.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Are you kidding? I love this one! I love the colors and the pattern and everything about it! You GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your scarf!!! I may have to try this.. Well, maybe after I at LEAST get a pillow done first! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I love it! The box stitch is one of my favorites! I used to do this stitch all the time..Soooo many afghans made with this one..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:52 AM

    Nice......I thought at first it said Stox Bitch Scarf and I thought it was perfect for you, but I don't know what Stox meant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My!!! You are the lightening fast hooker! Really, how do you do it? Pammy Sue, you just get projects done so fast...no grass is growing under your feet, girl. Glad you are taking your vites. Cute SP husband. For dye, check out this place www.dharmatrading.com . I bought some items from them years ago from their mail order catalog. Great company and so many cool things. OMG, I just went there to make sure it was the correct url and they have roving and more things for yarnies now. I'm gonna get some roving since I just got a book on felting on fabric. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmmm... I am interested in this dye stuff with Koolaid...I am wondering if, when washed, it will wash out ..
    My Scribe recently suggested this as an activity, and I told her that we could just but some for 3 bucks....I think she is game for it ,but I am just gonna go to Hobby Lobby : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this. It looks like it could be made for some easy and quick Christmas presents. Thank you for sharing! :o)

    You doing ok?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The scarf looks so pretty, well done! Of course, you could always start at the short end, and go from there. I've used this stitch many times, it always looks so nice and works up fast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥