Thursday, May 06, 2010

A New Free Pattern


Thought I'd show y'all a picture and give you the link to a free afghan pattern.  I saw it this morning on Crochetville and thought it was nice.  The pattern is HERE. If it doesn't take you straight to the page with the pattern, scroll up to near the top and click on Page 1 and that'll get you there.  If there is more than one page of comments, sometimes it takes you to the last page instead of the first where the pattern and picture is.

I'm kind of turned off by squares right now myself.  I'd forgotten how long it takes me to sew them together and how much I hate it until I made that pillow...and it was nothing compared to an afghan.  I've read a lot of join-as-you-go tutorials and patterns, but I've never tried any of them.  It just seems like they'd be just as big of a pain in the ass as sewing.

I'm taking a break from the second flower pillow.  I have six of the squares done, but I just wanted to do something else for a couple of days.  I'm working on a GIGANTIC centerpiece doily and just got the thread I needed yesterday to work on it somemore.  It's gorgeous and I'm enjoying working on it, but the rounds each take a long time now that I've gotten past the half-way point.

************************************

We were going to try to have the garage sale this Saturday if the weather is better, but we discussed it last night and we both agreed that we just didn't want to deal with it.  It's Mother's Day weekend anyway.  I don't know why that should make a difference, but it sounds like as good an excuse as any to not have it.  We'll have it soon though because we need to get rid of some stuff.  Barnaby even asked me the other day if I wanted him to just take a big load of stuff to the dump instead of selling it.  I was tempted to say yes, but I just couldn't.  We'd probably make several hundred dollars having that garage sale, so I guess we'll do it...just not this weekend.

************************************

I've got nothing else for y'all today.  What a bore.

4 comments:

  1. I've been eye-ing that same blanket, Pam. I'm not starting anything new until I get my Safe Haven squares together and the blankets ready to go.

    Can't wait to see the next pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one serious Maniac to think of starting this...Ok... so I just ordered more yarn...icks...

    Can you believe I thought I had another weekend before Mother's Day. I'm so in trouble gift wise. Then her birthday is the following week. High Maintance. Pray for me... May is not my favorite month family wise.

    Keep me posted on how this goes.

    Thanks for the listening ear and ventiing yesterday. Nothing a trip to H.L. didn't cure.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pattern, I printed it out. Very pretty. Can you show us a pic of your doily you're working on??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find all you talk about interesting. Stop saying it is boring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥