Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Crochet


************************************


Hexagon Floral Afghan
Pattern By Afghaniac on Crochetville
Pattern HERE.

Isn't this a pretty blanket?  I saw it a couple of days ago on Crochetville, and then today noticed that Afghaniac had posted the pattern.  I think it's just so pretty and feminine-looking.  I made my first hexagon earlier today, but then I had to leave for some family time.  I'm going to be making a few more during the race tonight.  Mine are coming out to be 10 inches across at the widest points of the hexagon (corner to corner).

Barnaby has instructed me to make all the flowers the same color (yellow middle with white petals) and the edging and border the same as the flower petals (white). He rarely ever chimes in with an opinion, so I'm taking his advice on this one.  I'm using up more of the Red Heart yarn I have tons of for the rest in various colors.  Here's the first one:



I just realized after posting this picture that this "hexagon" has 7 sides!  I screwed up.  Oh, well.  You get the idea.  I guess I'll be starting over though.  I see the flower has seven petals too.  I guess that's where the trouble started.  Dang it.  :(

I also have the new Ripple blanket to work on, but I like to have several things going at once so if I get bored or tired of the repetition, I have something to pick up.  Here's a picture of the beginning of it. 


I think I'm going to call it Butter Rum Ripple.

The lightest yellow is ILTY in Cream, the darker yellow is ILTY in Banana (it's more the color of a canteloupe than a banana though, and the rusty-brown color is Vanna's Choice Something.  I can't remember and don't feel like digging out the wrapper.  It's a speckled rusty-brown and cream.

***************************************************

I hope you're all having a safe and happy holiday weekend!

15 comments:

  1. The hexagon afghan is real pretty - I first saw it on the Attic24 blog (Mar. 18th post) and put it on my "to-do" list. I also think your ripple is pretty - lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that pattern too and thought it would be fun to make. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS a pretty blanket! I saved her original post where she first showed it off & have us instructions. LOVE.IT!

    You know what else I love? That even though you made a mistake on your hexagon, you still posted it. I like seeing the human side of those I admire! I guess really that's WHY I admire you....that and your wonderfully talented! ;o)

    Hugs & Blessings,
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`♥Anita

    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
    aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flower :) might not have 8 sides but still is pretty! I really like the green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear!!...been there done that and why don't you see it in time!!!
    Going to make a great blanket though love the white flower and matched edging too
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hexagon, thanks for sharing the pattern. Didn't even notice the 7 sides until you mentioned it. Colors are wonderful. I'm adding this pattern to my to do stack! Have a wonderful Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Oh Oh!!!! I think I'm gonna love your Hexagon blanket! I think I'll join you in this one. I also wanna do the African Flower one too. I like your ripple! The one I am working on at the moment using Attic24's Neat Ripple pattern is in Wintuk Red, Red Heart Mexicana, Red Heart Spring Green and Wintuk Jonquil

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's me again (don't hate me, please)
    I emailed you, and forgot to send some details, but I will do so as soon as possible.
    sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Banana color......bummer on the hexagon catch after the fact...I hate when that happens

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scoot's is finally out the door to the electronic shop. Glad he is out of my hair for few.

    Perfect name. Love Butter Rum. What fun combination of colors.

    Barney actually chimed in. It is amazing, but I think they do notice what we are working one.

    Haven't picked up a hook all weekend. Way too many outside chores in the heat.

    I'm really liken' the hex idea. On the list for sure.

    Toodles,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. the hexagon looks great!!!! I agree with keeping the flowers all daisies... and I didnt notice it had 7 sides! Still good for a coaster maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pammy Sue: Thanks for sharing this great hexagon pattern. I love it! I love how you made it look like a daisy.. I agree do them all the same..The buttery ripple is yummy.. I love the ripple pattern my favorite! Neicee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Pammy Sue,

    for all your lovely things, you get this from me ( http://meggi1908.blogspot.com/2010/06/mein-erster-blog-award-freu.html )

    Lovely greets,
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue! You won an Award on my blog :) check it :) Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Pammy Sue,

    in short, it said, that your blog lovely and beautiful. =) And it´s true.

    Lovely greets,
    Annika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥