Wednesday, May 05, 2010

For Your Pie Hole

Here are two very easy, no-bake pie recipes.  They are two of my favorites.

The first one was given to me by my best friend and soul mate, Boon Pappy.  It's plain and all white and not too sweet.  I love it.

Boon Pappy's Pie

8 oz. soft cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
Graham Cracker Crust

Mix first four ingredients well with an electric mixer.  Fold in Cool Whip.  Place into the pie crust and chill for at least four hours before serving.

***************************

I mentioned this one in yesterday's entry.  We used to get it at a Mexican restaurant.  They wouldn't give up the recipe, so I had to make it up.  I called it Cappuccino Pie yesterday, but that was wrong.  The correct name is ...

Kahlua Pie

1 chocolate cookie pie crust
Coffee ice cream, softened (I like Starbucks)
1 jar hot fudge sauce ice cream topping
8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
Small package of sliced almonds
Kahlua (*or very strong, sweetened coffee)

Fill pie crust with ice cream and smooth out.  Remove lid from hot fudge sauce and heat in microwave just until soft enough to spread.  Pour desired amount over pie and immediately place in freezer for 30 minutes uncovered.  Cover with plastic wrap and keep frozen until ready to serve.

When you're ready to serve, top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with sliced almonds.  Pour a small amount of Kahlua on each plate and place a slice of pie on top of the Kahlua.  Serve.

If you want something non-alcoholic, just brew some very strong coffee, sweeten it, and refrigerate until ready to use.

I hope you enjoy these recipes.  I'd love to know if you make either or both of these and how you liked them!

6 comments:

  1. OOOOO, sounds so yummy. I'm going to have to give them a try next time we have company.

    As for squares -- sure, I can use more. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect. Just what I need right now, thoughts of sweets.

    Yes, I'm over here to cool off. I just made a major F-Up on the sewing together. I had to run, as I'm afaird of myself right now.

    Yes, I'm AVOIDING the riping out at all cost. I'm not a fan of BLACK, so this is driving me NUTS. Do you have any good NUTS recipes.

    Maybe, I just need to leave the house for a COSTCO run and see what I can come up with to salvage this dang {another word} project. Yes, I'm so ready to move on and go have a WHOLE KAHLUA PIE.

    Sounds like your day is going better.
    Kate

    P.S. I worked at Cork n Clever in my college days. We had a pie like this call MUD PIE...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying the first recipe tonight...sounds simple, rich , and delightful...Did you get my E-mail ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:37 AM

    What a great guy this boon pappy sounds like. How lucky are you to have such a great friend? BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥