Saturday, May 01, 2010

Crochet & Recipe


Sorry for the funky angle of this picture.  It kinds makes me dizzy to look at it.  I was trying to keep the glare of the overhead light off of the counter.  I succeeded but created a whole nuther problem.  Oh well.  I just wanted to show you the other Grandma's Garden Squares I made today.  Those other two squares on the right are made from a free pattern from Red Heart called Refreshing Throw.  I love the pattern, but it took me a good hour and a half of messing with it before I got it right.  The instructions for the Fpdc decrease are poorly-written, and unles you've done something like it before, you'll have a hard time too.  If anybody wants to make it and is having problems, let me know and I'll fill you in.  And don't tell me, "I tried and it and didn't have any problems at all!"   Because then that would just make me an idiot, wouldn't it?  Don't answer that.

********************************

Here is a FAB recipe given to me by my favorite Auntie G.  My mom brought some over yesterday and I had a fit over it.  I promptly emailed Auntie G. and she emailed the recipe to me.  You've GOT to try it.  I think it's the lemon juice that makes it so good.

Auntie G’s Pasta Salad


16 oz Small Ditalini Pasta, cooked & drained*
¾ cup Green & Red Pepper, chopped
¾ cup Onion, chopped
11-oz can Ripe Olives, sliced
1 cup Hellman’s Mayo (Do not use low fat)
Diced cooked chicken or ham, optional

Mix together well:
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice (3-1/2 ounces)
2 Tbsp Lowery’s Seasoned Salt
1 ½ Tbsp Accent


Mix all ingredients together except meat and refrigerate overnight. Before serving, add the diced chicken or ham if you wish. Keeps well in refrigerator 1-2 weeks.

*You can use any type of pasta you like. Small shells work well also.

********************************

All I've done today is crochet, which is fine by me.  I've rather enjoyed it.  Hope you are enjoying your Saturday too.

9 comments:

  1. Your crocheting is beautiful! If all you did today is crochet then I say its a fantastic day!!!! I love crochet. Love the sounds of your pasta dish as well, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pam, both of those squares are beautiful. Truly. I'm going to have to do one of those pillows too. You inspire me to now end. The recipe sounds really good too and I think you're right. I'll bet it is the lemon juice that makes the difference.

    I hope Sunday is a crochet day too 'cause I want to see more on Monday. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin the flowers and squares.. the flowers look so pretty. the squares would make a pretty blanket too.
    So much fun to have a crochet day. It is going to be raning here today so i have a choice crochet or give the dog a bath??? I really like the crochet day.

    Pasta salad YUMMY!!!! My husband loves pasta salad. the lemon juice i bet adds a spark to it.

    have a great sunday

    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is always a pleasure to look at. Very definitive work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I love your new squares they are beautiful I can see them in an afghan for sure. I found that too in many patterns poorly written and even published with out checking the pattern. I have not been up to par have not crochet for a couple days and that is unsual for me. But I had to check to see what you been doing. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam the squares are stunning - love both of them - must hunt down the patterns! Thanks for sharing **Kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam your squares are lovely - must hunt down the patterns - thank you for sharing! **kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect. I was thinking about a Pasta Salad this week for a quick dinner. Minus the Olives for Scooter. Between those and Peas, he won't touch.

    Now, about those Rose squares. Can you move down the street. I made an attempt this afternoon, somewhere in the flipping I got lost. So lost and now I have a big blob. Maybe, it was The Scooter in the middle of my counting. We can always blame him, right.... I will try again.

    Off to fire up the barbie,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sending me the extra pictures. I'm going to have another go at it this morning to see how I do. My failed one has already found a new home outside on wire on my tomato trellis. I'll try to post it soon.

    Your the best-

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥