Tuesday, May 25, 2010

CRACKer Ho


I've been trying to find a round pillow insert so I can sew my latest pillow together, but I can't find one.  This one was made using a combination of Red Heart, ILTY, and Vanna's Choice Baby yarn.  It'll be slightly bigger, but I need the insert to know exactly how many more rows I need to do for the front.


I had forgotten I had pre-ordered this awhile back from Amazon before it was published yet.  I had seen a review on it in one of the crochet magazines I get.  I can't remember which one.  I can't wait to sit and look through it tonight.



And this is another one I ordered the other day.  I'm giving a bunch away, ya know, so that means I get to replace some of them, right?  ;)



These are some cute little buttons I picked up today at Wal-mart while looking for a ROUND pillow insert, which are apparently extinct now.  Did y'all know there is no longer going to be round pillows on the planet Earth?  Me neither.  Anyway, I digress.  These cute little flower buttons will look cute on a crochet chain with a little crochet birdie, don't you think?


I hadn't bought any Fruit Loops in at least a year to eat dry for snacks.  I love eating cereal as snacks.  Even though it's mostly pure sugar, it makes me feel like I'm being healthier because they all have vitamins and folic acid, which we all NEED.  Ah-hem.  They are so good!  I already had a small cup of them this afternoon.  Alright, alright, it was a MEDIUM cup.

I also got more of those Wheatables Pecan crackers I told y'all about a few days ago.  You would be horrified if you knew how many boxes I've eaten.  No, I'm not telling you.  I'm ashamed of my cracker addiction.  Do you know why they call them CRACKers?  I'm just sayin'...

8 comments:

  1. I so want to know all about that new book.

    I so want to see your new pillow.

    I so want to come visit and eat a big bowl of Fruit Loops with you.

    I so want you to encourage me to pick up my hook this week.

    I so want to be cool again. 95 and 100% humidity today. Like Pea Soup.

    Off to catch up on tivo,

    Toodles,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya just hate it when you get hooked on something like the crackers? LOL

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmm....I dont think that is what the new health care nazis would think was "good" for you, PS.
    I used to think Cracklin Oat Brand cereal was very healthy( it sounds healthy) till I read the label....hee hee ....Not so much.
    I love Cracklin Oat brand....and Frosted Flakes....
    Have you tried the Spoon Size Mini Wheats (strawberry)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Sarah London has the round inserts with her mabel kits. http://sarahlondon.wordpress.com/2010/03/18/mabel-kits/

    Enjoy! She is in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'm loving everything that you posted about. I'm not too much of a Fruit Loops fan, but I DO love nibbling on sugary cereal, ie Frosted Flakes, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, etc. :) I really, REALLY love that blue pillow cover. I need that pattern! I did a little tunisian pillow a couple of weeks ago and went out looking for a round pillow insert. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's . . . no place had one so I took 2-inch foam and cut my own. Wasn't what I wanted but I got tired of looking. Oh well, Hunter likes using the pillow for a huggie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh let me know what the book is like have the motif's one and thought this would be another great book
    Any of that roast beef left...yummy
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pammy,
    Leisure Arts do some really good books don't they? We have the occasional one here in the hobby shop. Years ago we had a lot of them at the Knittiing Shows but I dont go now too expensive, by the time youve parked up paid entrance, costs you a fortune before you even get inside to buy your goodies. I've never thought of looking on the net though, so I might just do that.
    Hope the weather is good with you, we've had some really hot days, but today back to normal bit chilly but dry thats the main thing.
    PLEASE enter me in your giveaway? If you'd be so kind....
    Have a good day!
    Enjoy your week, Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popped over for Ghost's blog to see what your give away is all about.

    I'm a big cereal eater. Cheerios, almost every morning for breakfast and sometimes before bed at night.

    The buttons are cute, can't believe you got them a WallMart. Our Wall Marts don't even have a notions department anymore.

    I didn't see yet what, when, where, how etc of your give aways. Must look around a bit.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥