Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm Having a Bad Day

...And the sun isn't even up yet.

I was going to go to the doctor this morning at 9:00, BUT...

This is the email I sent to my business partner this morning edited a bit.  Rather than typing it all out again, I just copied and pasted it here.  I know she'd like to kill me because I have been sick so much the past two weeks, and we have had a shit-ton of work which I haven't been able to keep up with my part like normal.
It is 5:15 in the morning and I have not slept a wink all night. All three dogs, at various times separate from each other, kept wanting outside. Then just when I thought they were starting to settle at about 3:30, the vomiting started -- Sammi. I had just drifted to sleep when I heard dog noises in the dark and turned on the light. VOMIT EVERYWHERE IN THE BED. It was so bad, I just wadded up the sheets and threw them in the garbage, and I wadded up the bedspread and threw it away too. I also had to remove the 3-inch foam topper from the bed and throw it away. (Barnaby is in the guest bedroom sleeping with the door closed.  He ends up there more often than not because he keeps me awake with his snoring, and lately, I have kept him awake coughing if he isn't snoring!)


I get all that cleaned away and sprayed the mattress with Lysol. It doesn't have vomit on it, but it just seemed icky after all that crap going on. I took out some clean sheets and put them on the bed. I turned around to find a new blanket to put it on next, and Sammi jumps onto the bed and before I can even yell at her to get down, she vomits a GIANT pile of mostly water, but still. It soaks through the sheets I had just put on the bed as I'm ripping them off trying to keep the mattress from getting wet.

I gave up and just shut my bedroom door and came into the living room where I find two more piles of vomit to clean up. I rip up the throw rugs (we have all wood now) and get them put up so they don't get vomitted on next.

Ken had fed the dogs some smoked meat last night about 10:00 (with me protesting the whole time that it would make them sick).  He swears he only gave Sammi a small bite.

I am about ready to lose my mind this morning. Seriously. Somebody kill me.

I doubt I'm going to the doctor this morning because -- get this -- I am too sick! And tired!  Ha.

I'll talk to you later.

P.
**********************

I am so freakin' stressed.  I am just sitting here in the pre-dawn bawling.  Barnaby seriously told me this morning that he thinks I need to "go somewhere and check-in for awhile" because I haven't been myself lately.  I think that's a little dramatic.

This past month:  I had to put my two oldest dogs to sleep, our workload with my business has been extremely heavy because of a big 3-month project we accepted on top of our normal work, I have been sick for 14 freakin' days with THE CRUD FROM HELL, and today, I haven't slept for 24 hours because of sick dogs and a vomit storm that had to be cleaned up.

I think anybody would be stressed.

***********************

Comments are closed for this entry.  I just had to get all that out.

And I think I'm taking a little vacation from blogging.  I'm not sure how long, but at least until I get over this cold or whatever it is and am not a sickie.  Hopefully I'll be back in a few days or a week or so.