Saturday, April 17, 2010

Glass, Lettuce, Popcorn...


Not a great picture, but this is most of my glass.  I have three large vases and one very large pitcher that are not pictured.  I'll show you those another day.



Barnaby got me my lettuce seeds, a big round planter, and a large bag of Miracle Grow soil so I can have a container lettuce garden like Kate's (see second picture down in THIS LINK).  Isn't it pretty?

Thanks for the idea and instructions, Miss Bell.  We'll watch it grow together and hopefully it won't become a dog buffet!

Oh, and I see y'all eyeballing my yellow pineapples next to those seeds...

Quit peeking at my unfinished crochet!  Hee-hee.


And Finally...




Recipe compliments of Beverooni.  Y'all pop on over there and get it for yourself.  I only made 1/2 a recipe and it's still plenty for two people.

Thanks, Bev.  It's yummy.

**************************

Yes, I am still sick and completely miserable.  Spent a good part of the day in bed again.  I'm just trying not to whine about here too much.

I think it's time to break out the BRAT diet...

Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Tea. 

Maybe that will at least get rid of the BIG D and stomach cramps.

Bleh.

9 comments:

  1. You are too sweet. Sure hope your's turns out. Mine is already starting to seed away....yipee...

    Had my popcorn tonight just plain. Now, wasn't that a fancy dinner for Scott and I. Maybe, I'll have to add the P.B next time.

    Sure hope you start to feel better soon.

    Nitie-Night and Sweet Dreams,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked the PB popcorn. It's good you only did half the recipe. It does make a lot, doesn't it? Perfect for a party or something.

    You posted lots of wonderful things today. I do hope you're feeling better tomorrow. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no.. Hope you're feeling better soon!! The popcorn looks yummy! You KNOW that I am definitely going to have to try THAT, and I'm thinking Dear Son will like it too!.. As for the lettuce, I used to grow it like this in my big kitchen window garden at the old place.. I'm sure going to miss that window this summer.. But they say "Bloom where you are planted", right?.. Sorry.. I couldn't help it, but yes, I peeked at the yellow something that you are making! Can't wait for you to show us what it IS! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your glass collection is beautiful! Sure hope you do feel better, not fun! I tried to stay away from the popcorn over at Bev's but it seems to be "popping" up where I go, I may have to break down and make this. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beautiful glass that you have displayed it is so many pretty colors and shapes. What a neat idea about the lettuce you have to put high enough so fur babies don't pee on it or rabbits nibble on it too. Good to see that you a feeling a little better. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your glass and the cabbage plant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your glass is beautiful rainbow of colours, especially with the light on them. I love the reddy ones
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhh! So pretty!
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're feeling better, get plenty of rest. You'll be back to blogging in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥